Please post when you get the new OTA!

steve0617

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site
Downloading now in Denver. Half hour early. It's about 73 megs or so and is downloading via 4g not WiFi even though it's on.

realitydigg

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
downloading. They call this a firmware update

For anyone interested.
- Download (is slow)
- Then you get the Accept Defer reject screen along with the "you can't make calls while this is happening warning."
- Shutdown and then progress bar ...wait ....wait ...wait
- Black screen then the previous screen without the progress bar (Two green arrows in a circle with one pointing down in the middle floating over a smartphone) ... wait .... wait ...wait
- Black screen then the htc (green on white) bootup followed by teh previous screen with a different progress bar.
- Black screen then htc again -> animation and thunder etc. as it reboots. It sits on Thunderbolt (not the clouds) screen ... wait ...wait ...wait
- Battery light comes on then it boots up completely 1.70.605.0 73.589 MB then it tells you to accept it and loading spinny wheel
- It asked me to enter my google password again

Done with a message telling me that new data usage widget is here.

Now stare at the phone for a week waiting for it to not reboot!

Added:
New Mobile Hotspot icon.
4 new vcast icons - apps media music videos
My verison mobile

Last edited:

msdsman

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
I'm in NW Indiana and did not install the leaked copy. Looks like the update is just about finished. Will post more if anything of interest happens.

MRW1215

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
Trying to, but every time I press the button to check for new software, it just says it's checking, and then the box goes away after a few seconds, with nothing. :/

msdsman

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
Interesting, my new build number matches the update PDF but the Baseband version is different. I just successfully updated but my broadband is 1.39.000627r, 0.01.69.0625r and not : 1.39.00.0613w, 0.01.69.0613w_1 like it says in the update documentation.

So this should be good, hmmmm

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000