New OTA impact thread - please report in

mrtonk

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
Please post regarding your experience with the following items after the update:
- Initial impressions
- Reboots
- Reliable data connection
- Battery life
- New issues
- New features

We are aware that Verizon is adding bloat. Let's try not to repeat ourselves regarding that point.

Shryne

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
My GPS was fine before the update, now it seems to report me in a different location everytime I open up google maps. It's not the same location everytime, but they are all within about 2 miles of my actual location.

hannsoft

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
My GPS was fine before the update, now it seems to report me in a different location everytime I open up google maps. It's not the same location everytime, but they are all within about 2 miles of my actual location.

Shryne, do you run any of the GPS fixing apps? GPSFix or GPS Status? If not, does running them help your issue?

bontjes

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
I have a new 3G icon and my free hotspot is now dead. I really wasn't using it or expecting to cheat them, I just think that the only reason we got this update is to kill the hotspot on the phones that still had it. Anyway, I also noticed a significant decrease in signal (at home I usually get 4 bars, now I only get one) and my GPS still takes to 5 minutes lock.

I'm not really surprised at all. :-\

Last edited:

Helloneumann

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Lost free hot spot, GPS locks in less than 5 sec, before would take minutes. Same amount of bars as before in my house 2. So far no reboots. Everything seems fine.

dmatta22201

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
Lost my hotspot (don't really use it though). GPS was able to fix my location in under 1 minute (used to take about 3). Phone is running faster overall without any other changes. Let's see how many times it reboots in the next day (was up to four or five times a day)...

ben71r

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
So far so good. I noticed a different 3G icon. Will give it a couple of days to see if the reboots stop and if the battery life improved.

ambushbug73

May 23, 2011
Visit site
I wasn't having any issues to begin with, so far the same after updating. 4G signal strength is the same inside my hope. Never really used the GPS so I'm not sure how well it worked before, trying to lock on the the GPS in my living room it just keeps looking.

Shryne

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
Well, GPSfix fixed my GPS issues.

As for the rest of the features, Mobile hotspot is gone, but I use Easytether instead anyway, as it charges my phone through my laptop.

The LTE to CDMA toggle works just fine.

Won't know anything about the reboots for at least a day or 2.