wont download firmware

mhussey

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
My Thunderbolt updated fine. However, my wife's Thunderbolt is having the same issues as you guy's. The searching for update dialog box appears and then disappears. Very strange.

CynicalDreams81

Nov 27, 2009
Visit site
A soft reset is just restarting the phone. I did this plus a battery pull to no avail. I think it's all on Verizon's side. I received the MR1 update with no problems. It seems maybe Verizon is only sending this update out to certain phones as a test to see if it goes well. (This is only a theory due to people doing a factory reset and having the same problem)

Brainfart

Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
I did a soft reset,battery pull,sim card pull for over 2 minutes and still have the update notification window vanish while checking. I will be calling Verizon tomorrow to see what's going on. If I don't get the update by tomorrow night I'm will just bite the bullet and install the RUU and deal with the full phone wipe.:(

K_Daddy

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
Exact same problem here. My phone updated fine, wifes phone update box disapears. I call verizons tech support and they called HTC while I was on hold. HTC said that they're sending out the update in waves and that my wife's phone will eventually get it.

anon(247108)

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
Just got it this morning in the DC area for wife's phone. Did not work on default setting so downloaded LTE on/off, set it on CDMA only and that seemed to do the trick.

mhussey

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
Sending updates out in "waves" doesn't make sense as to what the phone is doing. If there isn't an update ready to install and you "check for new update" the phone will prompt you indicating there isn't an update currently, not just vanish like these phones are doing.

Something is weird, I will check her phone here in a little while to see if it works, if not I guess I will call VZW.

Something else happened to mine last night (I have the update). I woke up to my phones screen on. I don't like a lot of light while sleeping so I don't even use the desk clock. I just hit the power button while on the desk clock. That way if I need to see what time it is I just click the power button and see the time or notifications. Anyways, middle of the night I wake to the desk clock at full brightness. My question is why did the phone do this? It happens every so often on the original, MR1, and now this update.

Anyone else have this issue?

Matt

MRW1215

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
I've tried multiple restarts, I've tried pulling the battery, I've tried switching to 1X, etc., and nothing helps any.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty