Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Brainfart
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Force install?

Is there anyway to force install an update? Anytime I search for update it says its "checking" then nothing happens. Any advice?

Thunderbolt HO!!!!

ROM
    BAMF Forever 1.08

Default Re: Force install????

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDUBS View Post
    Is there anyway to force install an update? Anytime I search for update it says its "checking" then nothing happens. Any advice?

Thunderbolt HO!!!!
    Try switching to 1x... CDMA with the LTE/OFF app. This has worked for some people apparently. Make a note of the default setting and return to it after the update downloads. Let me know if it works if you decide to try it.

ROM
    BAMF Forever 1.08

I can confirm that this works now, I just did it on my phone. You need to change to CDMA only and like someone else said on a different post, once it connects and you get the update prompt you have 2 min until it starts downloading, dont press ok, go back to LTE/OFF and switch back to CDMA + LTE/EvDo to download on 4G... much faster!!! just go back in to check update and your update will still be waiting thee counting down. hope this helps.

I tried this and it did not work. The same happens as when I'm in 3G. It states checking for updates, then the window disappears and nothing. Does not say no update available or give an error code. There are multiple owners having this problem. I've restarted the phone as well. I never had any reboot problems. I'm wondering if somehow this update is only being pushed to owners who had a reboot problem (though I do not know how they'd know who those owners were).
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by CynicalDreams81 View Post
    I tried this and it did not work. The same happens as when I'm in 3G. It states checking for updates, then the window disappears and nothing. Does not say no update available or give an error code. There are multiple owners having this problem. I've restarted the phone as well. I never had any reboot problems. I'm wondering if somehow this update is only being pushed to owners who had a reboot problem (though I do not know how they'd know who those owners were).
    Same deal. Just tried it and same results. Phone says "checking" then nothing happens. Tried on 4g, 3g and 1x.

Thunderbolt HO!!!!

Global Posts
    6 Global Posts

add me to the list of nothing happens in 4g, 3g, and 1x

You could just manually install it from here:

http://forum.androidcentral.com/veri...pdate-now.html

I'd rather not have my phone wiped just to install an update that has been available for pull (not push) since 8 pm. My phone has been doing this the past 3 days.

ROM
    Stock Non Rooted

Here also. window just goes away.
    Does anyone have any advise on clearing Data on the updater app in manage applications to see if this will fix the disappearing popup window? I don't want to mess anything up before I just start deleting data from apps.

ROM
    BAMF Forever 1.08

i had this disappearing update window before. After a few days it started showing no software found again. give it a few days, then call Big Red or go to store and have them install the update manually. According to customer support rep I called when I had this problem last time they can updated your phone at the store... i did not have problems with reboots or weak signal either on this tbolt. on my first tbolt i had all kinds of problems.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

So, I'm officially annoyed. I was sitting right next to my mom (less than 3ft) and she was able to pull down the OTA and I couldn't. Still got the disappearing window BS. What the hell!!!

Thunderbolt HO!!!!

Global Posts
    2,047 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDUBS View Post
    So, I'm officially annoyed. I was sitting right next to my mom (less than 3ft) and she was able to pull down the OTA and I couldn't. Still got the disappearing window BS. What the hell!!!

Thunderbolt HO!!!!
    Are u running the leaked mr2 if so u won't get the ota. U also can apply the update your self if your sick of waiting

ROM
    Stock Non Rooted

Default Re: Force install?

Just got off the phone with Tier 2 Tech Support from Verizon & they said the OTA is being pushed until all devises are updated. Also said it is being pushed according to devise number (my guess is they have a program running that pics random devices and pushes the OTA until the entire list of devices are updated). I haven't gotten the update also and it's just a waiting game until our number is up. As frustrating as it may be we have 2 choices 1.) Wait for the update to hit our phones or 2.) Download the official RUU and manually install it (which will wipe your phone back to factory). I my self am going to wait cause it's a pain for me to set up my phone all over again and get it back to how I like it.
    Thanked by:
    tmijares95 likes this.

I will be waiting myself.

I am guessing the update push is affecting the ability to find the software for some people (causing screen to just disappear, network error, etc) especially since they are selecting devices by number.
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

Quote Originally Posted by Brainfart View Post
    Just got off the phone with Tier 2 Tech Support from Verizon & they said the OTA is being pushed until all devises are updated. Also said it is being pushed according to devise number (my guess is they have a program running that pics random devices and pushes the OTA until the entire list of devices are updated). I haven't gotten the update also and it's just a waiting game until our number is up. As frustrating as it may be we have 2 choices 1.) Wait for the update to hit our phones or 2.) Download the official RUU and manually install it (which will wipe your phone back to factory). I my self am going to wait cause it's a pain for me to set up my phone all over again and get it back to how I like it.
    I guess that makes sense. I'm gonna wait foe the ota cuz I really don't wanna deal with setting up my phone again

Thunderbolt HO!!!!

I hate this...the box just keeps disappearing. It better come within the next 2days or I won't be a holy camper. The 1x trick doesnt work. They are sending it out randomly with esn numbers

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Add my name to the "same thing is happening to me" group. I have also tried all the suggestions, nothing seems to work.

I confirm this works. Didn't work when i switch back to 4g during the countdown though. Had to leave it on 1x, took maybe 1 - 1.5 hours.

I just kept trying in different areas and eventually it worked

Hey, it worked for me... although I find it quite strange that you need to do this...

Received the update this morning. Had to manually check for it, but it was there.