Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    154 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock

Default Does your phone take forever to turn on?

Whenever I turn on my phone, it shows its HTC Quietly Brilliant white screen then goes to the Thunder Bolt and clouds screen. The ThunderBolt text goes away, and I am left with the gray cloud image for about 4 minutes before it goes to my lockscreen.

is this normal?
    Is there a way to fix this?
    Formerly VZWRocks

Global Posts
    4,283 Global Posts
    Carrier
    what's wrong with stock?

Default Re: Does your phone take forever to turn on?

Quote Originally Posted by SpikeJones View Post
    Whenever I turn on my phone, it shows its HTC Quietly Brilliant white screen then goes to the Thunder Bolt and clouds screen. The ThunderBolt text goes away, and I am left with the gray cloud image for about 4 minutes before it goes to my lockscreen.

is this normal?
    Is there a way to fix this?
    Yes it is normal and he way to fix this is to turn on fast boot mode under Settings > Power.... HOWEVER it is possible that could have adverse effects in some apps (no idea what ones though).

The new update fixes this by a change in the boot animation. Looks much better now.
    Formerly VZWRocks

Global Posts
    4,283 Global Posts
    Carrier
    what's wrong with stock?

Default Re: Does your phone take forever to turn on?

Quote Originally Posted by Soul TKR View Post
    The new update fixes this by a change in the boot animation. Looks much better now.
    Yes I have noticed this too, much better than the MR1 or leaked MR2 versions in regard to speed. If memory serves the original firmware was fairly fast too.