Whenever I turn on my phone, it shows its HTC Quietly Brilliant white screen then goes to the Thunder Bolt and clouds screen. The ThunderBolt text goes away, and I am left with the gray cloud image for about 4 minutes before it goes to my lockscreen.

is this normal?
    Is there a way to fix this?
    07-09-2011 12:12 AM
    Whenever I turn on my phone, it shows its HTC Quietly Brilliant white screen then goes to the Thunder Bolt and clouds screen. The ThunderBolt text goes away, and I am left with the gray cloud image for about 4 minutes before it goes to my lockscreen.

is this normal?
    Is there a way to fix this?
    Yes it is normal and he way to fix this is to turn on fast boot mode under Settings > Power.... HOWEVER it is possible that could have adverse effects in some apps (no idea what ones though).
    07-09-2011 04:23 AM
    The new update fixes this by a change in the boot animation. Looks much better now.
    07-09-2011 04:27 AM
    The new update fixes this by a change in the boot animation. Looks much better now.
    Yes I have noticed this too, much better than the MR1 or leaked MR2 versions in regard to speed. If memory serves the original firmware was fairly fast too.
    07-09-2011 04:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD