Anti virus and firewalls?

micwag2

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
Since I'm new to Android I have to ask. Is it necessary to have AntiVirus and firewalls? I see they're available but which one works well? Are the free ones any good? I have stuff on my phone I would prefer not to become compromised. What is everyone else here running if anything?

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I think, by far, most folks don't think it's necessary to run an AV. Probably because a factory reset is relatively easy. And reported viruses are relatively rare. Some do though.

-Frank

88 FLUX

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
Since I'm new to Android I have to ask. Is it necessary to have AntiVirus and firewalls? I see they're available but which one works well? Are the free ones any good? I have stuff on my phone I would prefer not to become compromised. What is everyone else here running if anything?

If you watch what you download, don't use torrent/warez markets, and basically just use internet common sense, then you do not need any AV for your phone. As others pointed out, Lookout will provide the lost phone feature but that is up to you. I personally don't run any AV. Not on my phone and haven't on any PC I've had in the last 6 years.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781