Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Keep ROM or update?

So what do you guys think I should do? Keep my phone rooted with bamf 2.1/mr2 or revert to stock and get the update. I'm thinking wait a little bit to here how well this update works.

Let's here some opinions....

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
    HTC Thunderbolt 4G
    Running: Bamf Forever Cubed 1.0.9

Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    ROM
    BAMF 2.1 REMIX w/ MR2.5

Default Re: Keep ROM or update?

Keep your ROM. On the main android central page there is an article on the update. Read the comments from people who have installed it. Nobody seems terribly thrilled. They fixed the reboots and all but the non-rooted tbolt still runs the old operating system.
    Seems to me that the BAMF 2.1 with the MR2 radio solves all the problems and gives you a much better software.
    I'm running it too and love the phone now.

Main reason I rooted was for the chance that I might have better battery life. At least Bamf isnt giving me that. If this update give better battery, I'll switch back in a heartbeat.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Sounds good to me.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
    HTC Thunderbolt 4G
    Running: Bamf Forever Cubed 1.0.9

Quote Originally Posted by nat72sherman View Post
    Main reason I rooted was for the chance that I might have better battery life. At least Bamf isnt giving me that. If this update give better battery, I'll switch back in a heartbeat.
    I'm in the same boat. I just rooted my phone D.Y.I style (because I was annoyed with some of the autoroot files being out of date) and am currently installing Thunderstick 1.4.9 + update just to test it out but I am a lil' skeptical with the new ROMs battery life. From what I read on some forums is it has some good features (like the transformer intro) but I like B.A.M.F's simplicity.

As far as switching back goes I have a question if anyone can help me out. When reverting should I go from the boot menu or can I just use Rom Manager? I started the download for Thunderstick an hour ago and just from the amount of files being downloaded I think its going to be more of a pain in the *** than anything else...anyway, sorry for the long post guys but any help would be greatly appreaciated!

Cheers!
    These are not the droids you are looking for!