Download Failed error on new update?

BattleSwine

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I had that Lastnight. got it fine this morning. I'm on the road and thought it was signal problems inside hotel. I think VZW wasn't ready for the demand. I woke up 0500 and the updated downloaded while went back to sleep. no issues with update so far.

karmajack

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I got this a few times on my g/f's TB. Try switching to CDMA only, then search for the update. If it works and doesn't give you the error, switch back over to your normal preferred network type to increase the dl speed.

Herman187

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
So far nothing's working. Im not super worried, bc I honestly haven't had many, if any, reboots....and everything else is great. I'll just give it some time before i try to figure it out....see if it maybe figures itself out. Not like the updates anything drastic from what i've read.

brandt.hutzel

May 19, 2011
Visit site
So far nothing's working. Im not super worried, bc I honestly haven't had many, if any, reboots....and everything else is great. I'll just give it some time before i try to figure it out....see if it maybe figures itself out. Not like the updates anything drastic from what i've read.
I have been having the same issue with the "Download Failed" error since last evening. I have tried everything, switching to CDMA only, WiFi, removing the battery, etc. I finally called Verizon this morning. The first Tech Support rep passed me on to a higher level rep after I told her everything I had tried. The second rep went through troubleshooting on my TBolt and said he was reseting things on their end. He said he also had reached out to HTC to see if anything was wrong on their end. After 30 minutes, and many failed attempts to download the update, the rep said HTC responded and said that their servers were being overloaded by all the update downloads and that the update was pushed out to too many people at one time. He also said HTC was trying to speed things up on their end. The rep told me to wait 24 hours and try to download the update again. He also said I could just keep trying :(.

Reactions: Herman187

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084