Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Pretty good member

Global Posts
    917 Global Posts

Default Gingerbread Update: Reliable Information Only Please

Please only post reliable information on the status of the ThunderBolt Gingerbread update at Verizon (this typically excludes comments from Verizon reps and tech support jockeys).

TeamAndIRC ✔ jcase
    Derp gingerbread for thunderbolt will be testing at Verizon shortly
    16 hours ago
    A week ago jcase confirmed the correct build number of the MR2 OTA update that was pushed out last night so I think he's a rather reliable source.
    Thanked by:

Default Re: Gingerbread Update: Reliable Information Only Please

Im guessing it will be soon. The update we just got was mainly for the hotspot.
    dannyb884 likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  
    Pretty good member

Global Posts
    917 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rot View Post
    Im guessing it will be soon. The update we just got was mainly for the hotspot.
    Please don't take offense but I'd really like to reserve this thread for reliable information, not guesses.

Thanks, Robrecht

From what a VZW rep told me here in Cleveland is that HTC pulled the GB update to put Sense 3.0 into the update and it should be out in the 3Q of this year.
    http://vbctv.com/pics/vbctvbanner.png
    http://vbctv.com
    Now Recruiting New Series for the Fall 2011 Season. Feel free to pitch your ideas in the myVBCtv Community.
    dannyb884 likes this.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  
    Pretty good member

Global Posts
    917 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vbctv View Post
    From what a VZW rep told me here in Cleveland ...
    Quote Originally Posted by robrecht View Post
    Please only post reliable information on the status of the ThunderBolt Gingerbread update at Verizon (this typically excludes comments from Verizon reps and tech support jockeys).
    Thanks, Robrecht

Reliable information? Will be hard but I would like to know as well.
    Samsung Galaxy S3 - HTC Droid Incredible - HTC Thunderbolt - Asus Transformer TF101-B1 with dock - Nook Color - Logitech Revue.
    dannyb884 likes this.

ROM
    Gingeritis 3D v1.0 Beta 8

I was told today at a corporate store and I quote, " the gingerbread update for the thunderbolt is still being baked by HTC at this time". I don't know if this was the guys attempt at humor as it was told to me with a totally straight face.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  
    Pretty good member

Global Posts
    917 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jstewart0131 View Post
    I was told today at a corporate store and I quote, " the gingerbread update for the thunderbolt is still being baked by HTC at this time". I don't know if this was the guys attempt at humor as it was told to me with a totally straight face.
    Again, please do not take offense, but I would like to limit this thread to reliable information. If you or anyone else feels this or that Verion rep was credible, please tell us why you think he or she is credible. For example, does he have access to test build numbers of software that is being tested or does she actually have access to the code itself? If not, or if you're not even sure if he was just joking with you, please refrain from posting such rumors here. We do have sources that meet this level of credibility.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  
    Pretty good member

Global Posts
    917 Global Posts

OK, moving on to our next reliable source, who now has the beginnings of a provven track record:

Quote Originally Posted by need bb
    Based on the number of GB test builds sent to VZW I wouldn't expect this to be ready till August, at the earliest. ... The SW for the Tbolt has been in development for over 9 months and it still has some way to go. ...

I know everyone is waiting for GB which is MR3, but it still needs some time. The good news is that it is being worked on it is already on its fifth SW revision.
    need bb is not as well known as jcase, but he was the first (on 6/29) to reveal the build number of the MR2 OTA update that was pushed out by Verizon on last night.
    Thanked by:

Robrecht - Please don't take offense but There may only be one or two people that run across what you are looking for - and even then it won't be known if it's reliable or not until we actually get GB.

Even reliable sources get things wrong in this business most of the time.
    Sent from my iMac using my fingers and bluetooth keyboard.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  
    Pretty good member

Global Posts
    917 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_is_Mike_is View Post
    Robrecht - Please don't take offense but There may only be one or two people that run across what you are looking for - and even then it won't be known if it's reliable or not until we actually get GB.

None taken! I certainly do not confuse reliable with infallible. Reliable sources may indeed be incorrect, but there are still reasons for considering them reliable, eg, a proven track record or access to actual code. We will not know for sure if any particular piece of information is correct until after the fact, but that is no reason to not place more value on reliable sources and confirmation.

Global Posts
    934 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_is_Mike_is View Post

Amen.............Thats it in a nutshell.
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  
    Pretty good member

Global Posts
    917 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Willymakit 75 View Post
    Amen.............
    No need to resort to religion here! ;-)

No need to resort to religion here! ;-)
    Praying for updates couldn't hurt - - but there's no reliable source that says it does...... so I guess it's a FAIL.
    Sent from my iMac using my fingers and bluetooth keyboard.

@robrecht

I don't see this post going far because there isn't any 100% reliable sources for any information, everything is basically guessing and speculation, the only information that would fall in the level of being reliable is the software developers and I don't see none of them posting here.

So wouldn't you think you are asking for a bit much to expect a 100% reliable source?
    Samsung S3
    Time to feel the POWER...
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  
    Pretty good member

Global Posts
    917 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wildman View Post
    @robrecht

I don't see this post going far because there isn't any 100% reliable sources for any information is it all guessing and speculation, the only information that would fall in the level of being reliable is the software developers and I don't see none of them posting here.

So wouldn't you think you are asking for a bit much ro expect a 100% reliable source?
    But I have never asked for a 100% reliable source. No need to apply black & white, all or nothing, simplistic binary reasoning to the idea of reliability. For example, jcase is reliable. He is sometimes wrong, but that does not mean he is always wrong. And he certainly is not merely guessing and speculating when he actually possesses and shares leaked code.

But I have never asked for a 100% reliable source. No need to apply black & white, all or nothing, simplistic binary reasoning to the idea of reliability. For example, jcase is reliable. He is sometimes wrong, but that does not mean he is always wrong. And he certainly is not merely guessing and speculating when he actually possesses and shares leaked code.
    I didn't mean any disrespect with the post but it seems that every reply that was posted wasn't what you seem to want as a answer.
    Samsung S3
    Time to feel the POWER...
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  
    Pretty good member

Global Posts
    917 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wildman View Post
    I didn't mean any disrespect with the post but it seems that every reply that was posted wasn't what you seem to want as a answer.
    No disrespect perceived, but I'm also not looking for instant answers just trying to set up a place for people to discuss and share what can be considered reliable information. I think it might be helpful for people to focus at least some attention on whether or not something they've heard is realiable and why. That's all.

Global Posts
    612 Global Posts
    ROM
    N/A

Rob, what you are looking for is not going to be found yet. What I can confirm is this:

It was initially planned to include Gingerbread in the MR2 that was released yesterday, which was originally set to be released on June 30th. That is actually the truth, but it never happened.

The date got pushed back to July 7th, and when it looked like the update was going to be pushed back again, Verizon decided to push the fixes that were already done since there was rather a large public outcry to fix the phone. As I said previously in other topics, the fix has been finished for a while now.

Currently, Gingerbread is expected later this month, which would put it under the Q3 rumor. Q3 started at the beginning of July, to anyone curious, and runs until the end of September. That is an easy guess for any HTC or Verizon rep to make, since even if it gets delayed a ton more times that rumor can still be correct. Its like saying the world will end sometime in the next trillion years. lol
    Former Verizon Wireless Technical Consultant
    Thanked by 5:
    Kronko and rustypixel like this.

Well, it looks like that pdf file picture flying around befor June 30th and whit a ton of errors was a legit one then (if what Mortiel says is true)
    Samsung Galaxy S3 - HTC Droid Incredible - HTC Thunderbolt - Asus Transformer TF101-B1 with dock - Nook Color - Logitech Revue.

Global Posts
    612 Global Posts
    ROM
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by Kronko View Post
    Well, it looks like that pdf file picture flying around befor June 30th and whit a ton of errors was a legit one then (if what Mortiel says is true)
    It was a draft PDF that got scrapped before it was leaked.

Not to say that the plan to update was scrapped before that PDF was leaked, but that actual draft "improvements slick" (as we call them) was more than likely dug out of the Recycle Bin on someone's computer.
    Former Verizon Wireless Technical Consultant
    Thanked by 2:

Trolling posts deleted, and consider this a warning for posters from this point on. If you don't like this thread or a person in it, don't post here.

Carry on

Anyone know what's up with the app tabbed layout view ?
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #24  
    Pretty good member

Global Posts
    917 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ragnarokx View Post
    Trolling posts deleted, and consider this a warning for posters from this point on. If you don't like this thread or a person in it, don't post here.

Carry on
    Darn, looks like I missed all the fun!

Thanks, Robrecht
  25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #25  
    Pretty good member

Global Posts
    917 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mortiel View Post
    Rob, what you are looking for is not going to be found yet. ...
    Maybe not yet, but soon enough for this thread to be interesting for a little while, at least for some of us. Do you know anything (that you're able to share) about recent or current test versions at Verizon?

Thanks, Robrecht
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast