| || |
How To: Use Widgetsoid to create a widget to the new 3G/4G toggle
We've all been using LTE OnOff - HTC Thunderbolt to toggle between LTE and CDMA, but all this app did was throw us into a confusing service menu with lots of info we don't really need.
Since the MR2 update, we now have an explicit LTE/CDMA toggle located here: Settings -> Wireless & Network -> Mobile Networks -> Network Mode -> "LTE/CMDA" & "CDMA only".
Going through all those menus can be cumbersome, so I looked and found an app that allows you to create a widget straight to the Network Mode menu, where you'll get to the new, easy-to-understand LTE/CDMA option in one press.
Now there are probably other widget apps like this, so I'm only pointing out one method. Sure, there are only a couple widget icons to use, and both are kinda ugly, but hey -- it saves some menu navigation!
Let's get started!
1. Install Widgetsoid2.x from the Android Market.
2. Long press an empty 1x1 place on one of your home screens, and select Widget.
3. Scroll through the available widget list and select Widgetsoid Indicator (1*1).
4. Choose your widget background color/image, and background transparency (alpha level).
5. Select either Network or Wifi/Network (both work) from the Left Indicator picklist.
6. Select the indicator color.
7. There are two options for widget icons: The antenna looking one (default) or you can check the Bars/Antenna box to use bars instead of the antenna (I prefer this one -- it's cleaner!).
8. Select Apply and you now have your LTE/CDMA widget on your home screem, ready for use!