Questions about the "New Features" of the OTA update

SMD

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Got the update. My TB was working well before and is running great now. GPS lock is MUCH faster now which is great. Looking at the list of "new" features with this OTA update I have a few questions...

1) What is this "Desktop Cradle App" that is mentioned and where do I find it?

2) What was "enhanced" in Call History view?

3) "People Search Function" is now "enabled"...was it disabled or something before this OTA? What changed?

That's all! Thanks!

Charmed Juan

Dec 19, 2009
Visit site
I searched the Market and found nothing. The V-cast apps wouldn't work on my phone until i turned off 4G. Once in I still couldn't find anything under desktop cradle.

OptimusNotPrime

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
That's Another thing i keep hearing you can turn off 4G Now. How do i do this is there a Toggle?? if so where can i find it because i looked in widgets

Mortiel

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
That's Another thing i keep hearing you can turn off 4G Now. How do i do this is there a Toggle?? if so where can i find it because i looked in widgets

There is now an option in Settings -> Wireless and Networks -> Mobile Networks -> Network Mode

The Gingerbread update coming soon *should* see a widget to toggle 3G/4G.

Reactions: petaf

gvlakers

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
2) What was "enhanced" in Call History view?

To me, it appears that if i hit my PHONE, then long press on a name, I get choies that pop up on the contact i long pressed on that say options such as "view contact, view history, edit number, send txt, add to favorites, etc"

If I am remembering correctly, on the old firmware when you selected "view history" it just showed you a running tally of the day and times you called the contact, but now it shows the length of the call. I dont remember it doing this on the old version because this was one of the things I really hated about the call history.

Or maybe I'm just crazy..but to me it does seem like the call history tells you more information with this new release

SMD

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
To me, it appears that if i hit my PHONE, then long press on a name, I get choies that pop up on the contact i long pressed on that say options such as "view contact, view history, edit number, send txt, add to favorites, etc"

If I am remembering correctly, on the old firmware when you selected "view history" it just showed you a running tally of the day and times you called the contact, but now it shows the length of the call. I dont remember it doing this on the old version because this was one of the things I really hated about the call history.

Or maybe I'm just crazy..but to me it does seem like the call history tells you more information with this new release

Interesting. The call length was there before for sure. I've checked that on several occasions. It does say "detailed call history" when you long press one of the names in the call history now. Not sure what's different.

Any one know what the new "desktop cradle app" is???

Mortiel

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Interesting. The call length was there before for sure. I've checked that on several occasions. It does say "detailed call history" when you long press one of the names in the call history now. Not sure what's different.

Its already on the phone, but not obvious. Tap on the time in the HTC Clock widget. It will take you to the Desktop Clock app.

angel35

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site

If you you put your TB phone in your dock Cradle you will get a desk clock:):D Thats about it ??:cool:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dedehammac