Desktop Cradel App

Eddd

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I downloaded the update but I do not see the desktop cradle app. I have a Seidio charging cradle and I would like my home screen to shift to landscape mode. Where is the app on my phone and how can I get this to work? Thanks

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
The home screen is not capable of shifting into portrait mode. I have both the Seidio and HTC docks and neither can do it. However, the HTC does enter clock mode automatically while the Seidio doesn't. Just for reference, there is no dock application that I have seen. In fact, in the original leaked MR2, there was a dock section in the settings that was locked to automatic. The dock setting is not in the official update but it performs the same as it did with the setting.

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt using Tapatalk.

fdisker

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
The home screen is capable of portrait and landscape mode. My TB shifts into landscape mode when sitting in the car dock but it will only do it in the dock. Once removed from the dock it's back to portrait. If the intent of your post was to say that the TB can't do landscape without the dock then you're correct. Mine only shifts to landscape in the dock.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
The home screen is capable of portrait and landscape mode. My TB shifts into landscape mode when sitting in the car dock but it will only do it in the dock. Once removed from the dock it's back to portrait. If the intent of your post was to say that the TB can't do landscape without the dock then you're correct. Mine only shifts to landscape in the dock.

In the car dock, that's correct. In the HTC Desktop dock or Seidio dock, this does not happen. I'm not sure why it isn't doing it but I hope it's fixed with Gingerbread. Although, for me, it's not all that big of a deal.

Eddd

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
In the car dock, that's correct. In the HTC Desktop dock or Seidio dock, this does not happen. I'm not sure why it isn't doing it but I hope it's fixed with Gingerbread. Although, for me, it's not all that big of a deal.
Thanks for the responses. It is clear that the update does not switch to landscape mode in the dock. I watched a video on the HTC web site for their dock and it too did not switch the phone to landscape mode. I have just installed Launcher Pro and that seems to work.