1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Can't get apps on SD card after update

After the update, none of the apps I had on my sd card will load, it's a problem exactly like this person had in this post:

http://forum.androidcentral.com/lg-o...-any-apps.html

I have never been rooted nor know how to fix this problem, can anyone suggest what I should do?

Default Re: Can't get apps on SD card after update

I had a very similar problem just last week. Discovered that there is a bug in the OS that leaves a file behind if internet connectivity is lost during an app install. This file must be deleted. I was able to mount my sd card on my laptop and find the file that is mentioned here and remove it. That did the trick!!!

After deleting that file all app operations began working seamlessly again. Here are the directions I followed.

Hope this helps out....
    Thanked by 2:

Quote Originally Posted by msdsman View Post
    I had a very similar problem just last week. Discovered that there is a bug in the OS that leaves a file behind if internet connectivity is lost during an app install. This file must be deleted. I was able to mount my sd card on my laptop and find the file that is mentioned here and remove it. That did the trick!!!

After deleting that file all app operations began working seamlessly again. Here are the directions I followed.

Hope this helps out....
    thanks so much for the link, I had been having this problem for a while and was unable to get a response on the forum. I was beginning to think this as just an android thing, but the fix was very easy...again thank you

Quote Originally Posted by fyrekraker View Post
    thanks so much for the link, I had been having this problem for a while and was unable to get a response on the forum. I was beginning to think this as just an android thing, but the fix was very easy...again thank you

This was driving me nuts a cpl days ago so I'm glad I was able to help.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Thanks a lot! I actually just did a factory reset right before I read this though haha, but I'll look at the solution you provided if the problem persist

Factory reset didn't solve the problem, trying your method now
    Last edited by TBDreamer; 07-10-2011 at 01:55 PM.

nice solution

Well i couldnt find that file under that link but fortunately after removing and placing again the sd card, it worked!

I had an app named "sms backup and restore" now I am not able to get it back after doing factory reset, now I can see the app in sd card in android_secure but its in a format of "com.riteshsahu.SMSBackupRestore-1.asec, now I am not able to get the app back. can anyone please help me

what update?
    To live and die in L.A.