Have you cracked your screen yet?

BostonBeats88

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Here's the terrible story of my monday:

I had a wonderful weekend (got to the beach, cousin's wedding etc) and when I was on my way to work this morning I noticed that my TB had a few (what I thought were scratches). I made it through the day thinking they were scratches from my keys or something. Well I just looked closely at my screen and saw that they indeed went deeper than just the surface. I applied A LITTLE pressure to see if the screen distorted to prove that indeed the screen was cracked all the way down to the lcd.

As I did this my phone spiderwebbed with about 5 cracks. Like shattered. Like safety glass shattered. It was like it was put in dry ice and left completely brittle.

So now that what I thought were scratchs from keys or a wild weekend are infact big ol cracks.

This is something of a cautionary tale. I had a DX and that screen could be poked wicked hard and not crack. It later developed a crack after it was crushed by a bed when I was moving. But it still worked despite the damage and it did not get worse. The TB is apparently fragile and once you do a little damage it can develop quickly spreading across the screen.

Long story short. Mondays Suck. :'(

yodatom10

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Negative.
Ouch if your good with tools u can order a replacement screen. Also there are company's that u can send it off to if you don't mind having someone else handel your phone
I also would look into getting a outerbox its worth the price to not have to worry about your phone it also comes with a built in screen shield.

SoDev

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Sorry for your loss.

This is the second thread where I've read you mention keys. Keys in the same pocket as your smartphone?! I can't believe how often I read that on forums.

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Ouch! That really sucks. Sorry. :( This is why I have always used holsters. The Seidio Spring-Clip Holster for Non-Cased HTC ThunderBolt is awesome and protects the phone quite well. An ounce of prevention.... :)

Chiefmcfuz

Jun 28, 2010
www.manhattanreefs.com
I was just thinking about this. 2 years ago I was trimming some trees with my father and kids when my storm 2 and the tree branches had a fatal meeting. Fast forward to today when me and my kids were doing tree trimming again. Well after I got done I got a text message and realized that I forgot to take the phone off of my hip again. Thank goodness my bolt is still okay but next time I will be leaving it on the workbench and not tempting fate.

BostonBeats88

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I try to keep the keys and phone segregated but sometimes they meet and let just say its not pretty. My friend has an otterbox on his phone and I think that is the way I'm gonna go.

I went to the VZW and asked what I should do, basically just call HTC support and send it in for repair. I was lucky that the crack is only through the glass and not the lcd. So that god for little miracles. And this was the phone that I was supposed to be careful with. Womp.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
linda6969