Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Restarts?!?

Thought the latest update was supposed to stop the restarts? little annoyed.

Default Re: Restarts?!?

it has for me so far....*fingers crossed*

Global Posts
    2,047 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by beartp515 View Post
    If your still having restart issues u can go to Verizon and get it replaced

i got my first post OTA restart yesterday....i had been having them (before the MR2) fairly infrequently as far as I noticed, but they did tend to happen more while I was using Pandora (not always, but moreso). Yesterday I was playing Pandora in the car, and there was a storm in the area....there was a sudden lightning strike that coincided with the exact moment of my Thunderbolt restart.....is there anything to that (that somehow the lightning disrupted the signal?). Other than that I haven't had any since MR2. but still it's a little disturbing that it did happen.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by adaorange View Post
    i got my first post OTA restart yesterday....i had been having them (before the MR2) fairly infrequently as far as I noticed, but they did tend to happen more while I was using Pandora (not always, but moreso). Yesterday I was playing Pandora in the car, and there was a storm in the area....there was a sudden lightning strike that coincided with the exact moment of my Thunderbolt restart.....is there anything to that (that somehow the lightning disrupted the signal?). Other than that I haven't had any since MR2. but still it's a little disturbing that it did happen.
    There was a storm earlier in the day but it that had nothing to do with it. All I was doing was moving some apps to my SD card and then it happened. I should say that it wasn't a full turn off and back on but it did go to the HTC screen and Thunderbolt start up screen so I don't know what to do. Debating on if I should go to Verizon and get another phone or not.

Quote Originally Posted by beartp515 View Post
    They never said it would eliminate the reboots. They said it would "reduce" them.

From the update announcement:
    "Reduced number of device power cycles and resets"

I discovered reduce reboots when i traveled across the country.

3-5 Reboots a day while in Missouri. (3g only)
    1-2 Reboots a day while at D.C. (4g or 3g)

Tell me there isn't something funny about that.

I have not had a restart since the update. I am hoping it stays that way.

I had 3 yesterday so far non today that I know of.

I had one reboot about 12 hours after I installed the new update, I am currently at 70 hours since, my record before the update was 55 hours so hopefully I see no more.