Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Warranty is for original owner only, cannot be transferred

I think some people were under the mistaken impression that the HTC Thunderbolt's warranty can be transferred to subsequent owners. Per the warranty statement that came with the phone, this is not the case. The warranty is only for the original owner. I have attached pictures below, for those who did not read the warranty brochure.

Global Posts
    2,050 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by dpham00 View Post
    I think some people were under the mistaken impression that the HTC Thunderbolt's warranty can be transferred to subsequent owners. Per the warranty statement that came with the phone, this is not the case. The warranty is only for the original owner. I have attached pictures below, for those who did not read the warthayranty brochure.
    that sucks I think this a lesson to everyone if you get a phone from anybody but a store. Make sure u get some form of insurance even if its not from the manufacture.
    Uly

Default Re: Warranty is for original owner only, cannot be transferred

I think this is the case with most phones. I found this out when buying a new Droid off contract on ebay the day it was released. I had a minor issue that was fixed easily, but will give me pause the next time around.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by Uly View Post
    I think this is the case with most phones. I found this out when buying a new Droid off contract on ebay the day it was released. I had a minor issue that was fixed easily, but will give me pause the next time around.
    that is correct, most items, unless stated otherwise, only offer warranties for the original owner. I just wanted to share this with others, so they know should they decide to buy used.
    Formerly VZWRocks

Global Posts
    4,283 Global Posts
    Carrier
    what's wrong with stock?

This is nothing new, (almost) all cel phones are that way...