I think some people were under the mistaken impression that the HTC Thunderbolt's warranty can be transferred to subsequent owners. Per the warranty statement that came with the phone, this is not the case. The warranty is only for the original owner. I have attached pictures below, for those who did not read the warranty brochure.
    07-11-2011 10:34 PM
    I think some people were under the mistaken impression that the HTC Thunderbolt's warranty can be transferred to subsequent owners. Per the warranty statement that came with the phone, this is not the case. The warranty is only for the original owner. I have attached pictures below, for those who did not read the warthayranty brochure.
    that sucks I think this a lesson to everyone if you get a phone from anybody but a store. Make sure u get some form of insurance even if its not from the manufacture.
    07-11-2011 10:37 PM
    I think this is the case with most phones. I found this out when buying a new Droid off contract on ebay the day it was released. I had a minor issue that was fixed easily, but will give me pause the next time around.
    07-11-2011 10:39 PM
    I think this is the case with most phones. I found this out when buying a new Droid off contract on ebay the day it was released. I had a minor issue that was fixed easily, but will give me pause the next time around.
    that is correct, most items, unless stated otherwise, only offer warranties for the original owner. I just wanted to share this with others, so they know should they decide to buy used.
    07-11-2011 10:52 PM
    This is nothing new, (almost) all cel phones are that way...
    07-11-2011 11:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD