Juice defender vs advance task killer

Big-Dave

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
A coworkers and I got into a discussion about which app works best to kill unused applications and save power.

I would like some insight from you guys....

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk

l0wr1d3r

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
It's probably an apples/oranges comparison in terms of functionality. But found JuiceDefender to be VERY effective, especially when you set sync to like an hour. Still using the original TB battery, that's saying something.

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
task killers will do more harm then good. there are a ton threads on them and jerry has a excellent sticky on it.

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I have never used either of them and don't plan on anytime soon.

With Juice Defender from what i have heard that if you have a lot of down time with your phone it will help save you battery life. JD will close programs while your screen is off so if you have times where your not using your phone for a few hours it will save some juice. If you are always checking your phone I believe it will do the opposite since your restarting all those app's that were killed and using more juice.
If this is wrong info someone please correct me.

With ATK it's killing app's whenever scheduled and your phone then is restarting them when needed so it's wasting your battery and would be much better off without it. There are many threads discussing this if you would like to read more.

ambushbug73

May 23, 2011
Visit site
Task Killer is not needed and actually does more harm than good, I don't think there is any doubt about that anymore. I use Juice Defender for the reasons mclarryjr mentioned above, I'm not a heavy phone user and it sames me a ton of battery life. Juice Defender does essentially nothing for your phone while the screen is on and your phone is in use, but it has several good features (IMO) for when the screen is off. I got blasted for saying this in another thread the other day, but I rarely get less than 18 hours out of my stock battery and often get 24-26 hours before I hit 15% battery life. Like I said, I'm not typically a heavy user, most of the time spent checking twitter, FB, Google+, and email.

quantumiq

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
I tried both and neither seemed to help too much. I use GoLauncher on my TB and it can show me the running programs and gives me an option to kill all programs if i want. If i notice the TB running slow or if i know i have lots of apps till open i kill them. This method seems to work for me. =)

Jalarm

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Your phone uses more battery by killing the apps and reopening them, rather than just leaving them be in the background.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Bwangster12

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
How much more effective is JuiceDefender than just turning off "Enable always-on mobile data?" I've tried using JD a few times and really don't think I've noticed a difference. I've played with the settings and am pretty sure I'm picking obvious battery savers. I feel disabling always on mobile data basically yields you the same result as using JD, only JD will automatically resync every so often to check for email and whatnot.

For me... I don't go more than an hour or so without picking the thing up anyway.