Do I Have to Use Gingerbread Update?

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
mr2 stock update has my tb working fine. I don't need or want any of the new gingerbread features and it may well be unstable in its first incarnation. When the Gingerbread update arrives I don't want it. What will happen if I keep dismissing the update? I am stock.

Jalarm

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Nothing will happen. The update pop up will keep coming but nothing else will happen.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

yodatom10

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
mr2 stock update has my tb working fine. I don't need or want any of the new gingerbread features and it may well be unstable in its first incarnation. When the Gingerbread update arrives I don't want it. What will happen if I keep dismissing the update? I am stock.
U can deny it but it will adventuly be forced on u. And trust me u want gingerbread

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Why? I never use all my minutes and speak to nobody overseas. No use for video phone calls. I can't think of anything gingerbread offers that I want. On top of that gingerbread disables lightflow app (that I really like).

yodatom10

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Why? I never use all my minutes and speak to nobody overseas. No use for video phone calls. I can't think of anything gingerbread offers that I want. On top of that gingerbread disables lightflow app (that I really like).
Back end stuff that will make it faster. Plus Verizon will not helpu as there first words will be to apply the gingerbread update

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Well I am happy and problem free for now so if nothing changes I will be delaying that update as long as possible. It will probably mean I shouldn't update any apps either after gingerbread is out. When the apps are updated they may not run on mr2

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I understand that you're concerned about your phone acting up post-update when Gingerbread arrives. However, don't be worried as the main issues that we have all been having were fixed with the MR2 update. Gingerbread will bring some new goodies to all of us and that's never a bad thing. But, you should look at it from this point of view. Verizon and HTC released the MR1 half-baked and thought they had the MR2 ready. Many of us, myself included, installed the leaked MR2 update and saw very little to no problems. After upgrading to the official update, all is running as it was before.

My point is that Verizon and HTC will not release Gingerbread until it's ready. There is no reason to sit there freaking out about the one update that's like heaven on our phone. Just like Froyo, Gingerbread will come and sweep us all off of our feet.

I have a quick question for someone though. Where does Google come up with these names? Cupcake, Froyo, Gingerbread? Are they hungry?

yodatom10

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I understand that you're concerned about your phone acting up post-update when Gingerbread arrives. However, don't be worried as the main issues that we have all been having were fixed with the MR2 update. Gingerbread will bring some new goodies to all of us and that's never a bad thing. But, you should look at it from this point of view. Verizon and HTC released the MR1 half-baked and thought they had the MR2 ready. Many of us, myself included, installed the leaked MR2 update and saw very little to no problems. After upgrading to the official update, all is running as it was before.

My point is that Verizon and HTC will not release Gingerbread until it's ready. There is no reason to sit there freaking out about the one update that's like heaven on our phone. Just like Froyo, Gingerbread will come and sweep us all off of our feet.

I have a quick question for someone though. Where does Google come up with these names? Cupcake, Froyo, Gingerbread? Are they hungry?
Thanks for the backup. I also often wonder if they are hungry but as long as they keep getting better I don't care what they call um but I would love to be able to vote on the next name. Google if your reading this think about it.

Astrodroid

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
Former Thunderbolt siblings, we just got Gingerbread over in the Incredible 2 side of town. It's not a big deal. It's barely noticeable. I remember reading that it was much more about stuff under the hood than stuff out front, and that appears to be the case. Fret not.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Well one thing I am sure of is I will lose lightflow when gb is installed. I will miss having a different color led for gmail, sms/mms, and Outlook (work email).

willymakit

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
Former Thunderbolt siblings, we just got Gingerbread over in the Incredible 2 side of town. It's not a big deal. It's barely noticeable. I remember reading that it was much more about stuff under the hood than stuff out front, and that appears to be the case. Fret not.

Got it om my X, no big deal was not that impressed. I still like the TB better with MR2.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz