just finished the update, but...

TheYanch

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
...nothing seems to have changed. Phone didn't shut down and then start up again like I thought it would after it was done updating, and it still says build # 1.13.605.7 in my software info(instead of 1.70.605.0) Had a reboot about 10 minutes after it finished the firmware update too...arghh!

Might be a stupid question, but do I have to shut down, do a battery pull and take out the SIM card and put it all back together in order for the update to fully go through?

Thanks for any advice!

TheYanch

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Hmm...I dunno, I guess it didn't. the firmware update I just finished took like 45 minutes....but I did just check for another update, and said there was one. I just hit ok and phone powered down, and now is starting up again.

we shall see..

yodatom10

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Hmm...I dunno, I guess it didn't. the firmware update I just finished took like 45 minutes....but I did just check for another update, and said there was one. I just hit ok and phone powered down, and now is starting up again.

we shall see..

Something went wrong somewhere the phone tired to fix it but then aborted. The updates should not take more then 15 mins a half a hour tops.

TheYanch

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
seems to have worked now...after phone restarted I saw a screen with a picture of a phone and a sync symbol above it for a few minutes, and then the TB screen. TB reboot screen looks different, and doesn't stop at the thunderclouds screen. So far looks like it worked...guess I just needed to finish the update manually.

TheYanch

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
now I just need to watch and see what differences the update brought...hopefully all good ones.

Anything in particular you recommend I watch for?

yodatom10

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
seems to have worked now...after phone restarted I saw a screen with a picture of a phone and a sync symbol above it for a few minutes, and then the TB screen. TB reboot screen looks different, and doesn't stop at the thunderclouds screen. So far looks like it worked...guess I just needed to finish the update manually.

as long as your build number changed then it worked.

Devils Advocate

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
The weather channel app finally quit doing that for me with the latest update to the app itself, when I dl the update I will have to try to remember to check that.

Xharakov

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
One thing that's happened to my phone since the update is that my wifi seems to not work so well without me having to restart the phone. It will sit in scanning mode and not find my network, or it will say my network is out of range when I'm 10 feet from my router. :confused:

scottguest11

May 6, 2011
Visit site
i cant get the update because my phone is rooted and it has a problem with the singneture varrafation any ideas on how to fix this prob without unrooting the phone