Car Panel pop up when chargering

raygunxyz

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
First off thank everyone who helped me regarding updating my phone. My problem now (very minor) is when I put my phone on the charger it loads the car panel (or a clock), which I can't disable when I connect to the charge. Sometimes it happen a few minutes after I connect the charger. Also the car panel is not in my app drawer. I'm using a friends phone which is not rooted. Any suggestions.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I'm assume by charger you mean the car mounted charger... in that case there are some electronics in the charger that start this feature.

The Car Panel app is on your device... it can be searched using the Google Search widget... or loading a different launcher like LauncherPro or Go Launcher EX.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Re: Car Panel pop up when charging

I'm using the wall charger. I'll have to search for the app, to disable the startup.

It's not normal for the Car Panel to come on when connected to the wall charger or any other power outlet... I'm thinking they might have an app that is doing this... I'd be asking the friend some questions.

robrecht

Pretty good member
Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I'm thinking one of the pins in your microUSB port or charging cable may be bent a little bit, causing the phone to think it is in the car mount or dock.

Last edited:

Volbeat

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
It happens to me as well and has happened with different chargers. Just hit the home button and it should go away. Its a little annoying though.

rabernet

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I have it randomly start at times, and I can't recreate the problem (not while charging). It's annoying as heck, because it defaults the phone to answering on speaker, and even dialing on speaker. I have to go in and force close the app. It's also a horrible battery hog, even when it is just running in the background.

I really don't use it, so its quirkiness is a bit annoying to me.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie