Formating SD Card to NTFS?

asianrage

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
So, I was trying to place a few HD movies onto the card, but then found out that the card is formatted as Fat32. Is it possible to format the card to be NTFS and still use it with Froyo?

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
So, I was trying to place a few HD movies onto the card, but then found out that the card is formatted as Fat32. Is it possible to format the card to be NTFS and still use it with Froyo?

What size is the video that concerns you about the FAT32 partition? Most HD Digital Copies of movies are only 2 Gigs and these files shouldn't have any issues being used on the device..

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
FAT32 has a max file size of 4GB...some high def movie files (i.e. Bluray rips) do exceed that.

I know the size limits of FAT32 partitions but it sounds like you are using the wrong codac because MP4 can do dvd quality videos in a format smaller than that.. Plus you are not running it on a 55 inch TV at 1080p so why would you see the need to save them in a large file size..

I play HD quality videos on a 55 inch TV all the time and the quality is flawless and my files are only 2 Gigs at max...

Reactions: asianrage

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
I know the size limits of FAT32 partitions but it sounds like you are using the wrong codac because MP4 can do dvd quality videos in a format smaller than that.. Plus you are not running it on a 55 inch TV at 1080p so why would you see the need to save them in a large file size..

I play HD quality videos on a 55 inch TV all the time and the quality is flawless and my files are only 2 Gigs at max...

I'm not arguing that either...at all.

Reactions: asianrage

asianrage

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site

I have mostly 720p .MKVs and those often goes over 4GB. ;) I should really re-encode those, however to be smaller @ DVD res spec.

Dellsimkin

Mar 9, 2018
Visit site
I have mostly 720p .MKVs and those often goes over 4GB. ;) I should really re-encode those, however to be smaller @ DVD res spec.

He might be trying to screen mirror from the phone to a WiFi tv, Chromecast, Fire stick, Roku or any WiFi connection on a BD player. I have found that so far Screen mirroring software is still way behind on tech. Now as far as lagging goes on the other hand 'casting' is very smooth for my use.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89