Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    95 Global Posts

Default Contact sync

anyone else having trouble with google contacts syncing? Go to accounts and sync, and google it will sync gmail and callendar but not contacts.....says sync is currently experiencing problems will be back shortly....but its been going on since june 26....thats the latest date i have on my contacts syncing with facebook updates on it.....not sure whats up just noticed it since the update

Default Re: Contact sync

I was having that problem after installing the update as well. I did a master reset today to try and fix some issues and its working fine now.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    95 Global Posts

Great...i hate doing master resets...pain in **** setting things back up

ROM
    Stock/Franco

been dealing with no google contacts sync since..May 5th....just have not wanted to do a factory reset and have nothing come of it. ugh.

btw stock not rooted.
    Devices: Galaxy Nexus and Nexus 7

ROM
    Stock/Franco

I just did a factory reset and it seemed to fix my sync issue. good luck to you.

Global Posts
    193 Global Posts

I hear ya. I've been trying to avoid a factory reset. I know i'm going to have to do one, or at least highly recommended to do one, after GB is released for this phone. Contemplating doing it once is enough. Last time after this most recent update I thought I might have to but was able to avoid it. GL!

Global Posts
    3,645 Global Posts
    ROM
    Latest OTA Official ROM

Just one thought. I don't know if it applies to you or not, but here's what I've been doing and have no issues.

Activesync:Sync Mail and Contacts
    Google:Sync Calender only

Been working well.

I say this because when I first set it up I remember that by default I think it was trying to sync everything with Activesync and also everything with Google. I remember having to turn off some so there would not be duplicate syncs. It's been fine since March 17 (release day).

-Frank
    [HTC Thunderbolt™ 4G/LTE!]
    It's not your dream phone. It's the one after that!©
    Look here for a [VZW Coverage Map] to check your area. Select 4G before hitting [Refresh]

Quote Originally Posted by nufan4115 View Post
    anyone else having trouble with google contacts syncing? Go to accounts and sync, and google it will sync gmail and callendar but not contacts.....says sync is currently experiencing problems will be back shortly....but its been going on since june 26....thats the latest date i have on my contacts syncing with facebook updates on it.....not sure whats up just noticed it since the update
    I was having similar issues, but I was able to solve by going into Settings/Applications/Manage applications/All and then cleared data for the contacts storage app. Once I did that I went back to account/sync and told it to sync and it has worked fine ever since.

BEWARE if you have Phone contacts saved it will delete them as well and they will not re-sync from google (if you use backup assist it should restore them but I am not positive because I don't use it)

Global Posts
    2,050 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by crwallace2 View Post
    I was having similar issues, but I was able to solve by going into Settings/Applications/Manage applications/All and then cleared data for the contacts storage app. Once I did that I went back to account/sync and told it to sync and it has worked fine ever since.

BEWARE if you have Phone contacts saved it will delete them as well and they will not re-sync from google (if you use backup assist it should restore them but I am not positive because I don't use it)
    It will restore them as long as its set up correctly
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Global Posts
    95 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by yodatom10 View Post
    It will restore them as long as its set up correctly
    How do i know if its set up properly?

ROM
    Stock/Franco

Quote Originally Posted by crwallace2 View Post

See I did all that. and After i did my google contact sync still said "experiencing difficulties will be back online in a few minutes".. that started May 5th.. and only was fixed by me doing a factory reset a few days ago.

its a frustrating issue that after looking into on the web is not addressed by google but many ppl have encountered.

ROM
    Stock/Franco

heres the link to the google support forum where I orignally posted my problem. someone did post a helpful walk through that might work for some. ( I just got fed up and did a reset)

Contact sync not working - Google Mobile Help

factory reset should fix this. i would also do a manual sync and reinstall of all apps. don't use a backup app to restore because you want everything to be fresh.

good luck.