Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default I Want My 4G NOW!!! Post your place here...

I too want blazing speed

Verizon...Suffolk County, NY wants 4G

Post your place (Dont look at your phone, its no doubt wrong, LOL) to let Verizon know your here too!
    Smarty Pants

ROM
    Stock

Default Re: I Want My 4G NOW!!! Post your place here...

Toledo freakin Ohio!
    lol real soon like next week the scuttle **** says, so in VZW terms next month prolly after GB lol
    Im T rop per and I approve this message
    Thanks for watching = T

Suffolk county no 4g? I go to suny farmingdale and get 4g when I'm in class...

Well Tulsa Oklahoma 4G LTE just went live yesterday and let me tell you something, while 4G is as fast as advertised...it eats the heck out of battery. I've gone from 15 hours easy with an extended battery to 8 hours max.

If I was careful I could get 20 hours out of 3G...with 4G I have to be careful to get 8.

I love 4G and boy is it fast but boy is it a freaking battery killer, so be careful what you wish for. You just might find yourself back to using 3G after getting over the excitement of getting 4G.
    "Greetings, people. Greetings. Greetings and salutations. What a beautiful day for a ball game. Let's play two!"

Sharpsville, Sharon, Heritage, Farrell Pa would love 4G

Quote Originally Posted by Air Force One View Post
    Well Tulsa Oklahoma 4G LTE just went live yesterday and let me tell you something, while 4G is as fast as advertised...it eats the heck out of battery. I've gone from 15 hours easy with an extended battery to 8 hours max.

If I was careful I could get 20 hours out of 3G...with 4G I have to be careful to get 8.

I love 4G and boy is it fast but boy is it a freaking battery killer, so be careful what you wish for. You just might find yourself back to using 3G after getting over the excitement of getting 4G.
    Are you talking 8 hours of uptime or just getting 8 hours total out of your phone? I'm in San Antonio and have had 4G since day 1 and I can still get about 2 days of light use out of my phone with an extended battery.

Lorain County, Ohio please! I mean were right next door to Cleveland and most of cuyahoga cty has it already. Hurry up big red.

Quote Originally Posted by bjboucher View Post
    Are you talking 8 hours of uptime or just getting 8 hours total out of your phone? I'm in San Antonio and have had 4G since day 1 and I can still get about 2 days of light use out of my phone with an extended battery.
    I got 8 hours of use out of my TBolt yesterday using nothing but 4G...8 hours from unplug to 10% battery left.

Now, I consider my use to be heavy. I sync everything, as often as it can. For instance, if an app can sync once a minute, I set it for that. I use 100% brightness at all times. GPS BT, etc.., on at all times.

I also have ~300 apps installed, so there is a lot to drain the battery. It's just that with 3G, with these same settings, I could get 20 hours if I really tried(just don't use the device as much) 12-15 hours was very normal with 3G with heavy use.

Yesterday, with 4G, I could actually watch the battery drain right before my eyes. Streaming slacker at the gym was great...no stutter or buffering but it used 20% battery in barely a half hour. Basically, 4G has halved my over-all battery life.

On the upside, 20mb downloads is awesome.
    "Greetings, people. Greetings. Greetings and salutations. What a beautiful day for a ball game. Let's play two!"

Global Posts
    18 Global Posts

Hampton Roads, VA wants 4G.
    dcviper likes this.

Omaha, NE still waiting.

Is it July 21st yet?

Beaumont, TX needs 4G! Hurry up Verizon!

Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    ROM
    bugless beast

Quote Originally Posted by tiki240 View Post
    Hampton Roads, VA wants 4G.
    Hampton roads would be nice, but I haven't heard anything about it at all.

Birmingham Alabama would be awesome! I know the April tornados destroyed some cell towers and damaged others setting the LTE deployment back, but has anyone heard anything on when BHam may get it? I keep searching, but haven't found anything..... Thanks!

ROM
    Stock, for now

Quote Originally Posted by Synycalwon View Post
    Birmingham Alabama would be awesome! I know the April tornados destroyed some cell towers and damaged others setting the LTE deployment back, but has anyone heard anything on when BHam may get it? I keep searching, but haven't found anything..... Thanks!
    I'm not alone on this forum! Birmingham would be awesome!

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by chris06ob View Post
    Lorain County, Ohio please! I mean were right next door to Cleveland and most of cuyahoga cty has it already. Hurry up big red.
    I second that! With Toledo going up and cleveland live don't forget what's in between!

+1 for Suffolk County NY. I mean really!! 50 miles from NYC and no 4G? Come on Verizon what are you waiting for?

Global Posts
    1,371 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock unrooted

Knoxville TN please.....
    4G LTE Thunderbolt

Global Posts
    1,128 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

LTE coverage ends two blocks up from my home. So I'd like them to add about 1000 feet of LTE coverage and I'll be happy.
    Current: Moto X, ASUS Nexus 7 (2013)

Standby:
    Samsung Galaxy S3, LG Nexus 4, Samsung Galaxy Nexus, HTC Thunderbolt, HTC Nexus One, ASUS Nexus 7 (2012), Motorola Xoom
    Air Force One likes this.

Screw 4G, I want 5G.
    You got to risk it for the biscuit

Razr > EnV > EnV Touch > LG Dare > Droid X > HTC Thunderbolt > Samsung Galaxy III > HTC Droid DNA

Global Posts
    193 Global Posts

So far the entire Honolulu area is covered. I will try the North Shore this weekend.

Another +1 for Suffolk County...Nassau County and the edge of Suffolk have it, come on Verizon!

Quote Originally Posted by BostonBeats88 View Post
    Screw 4G, I want 5G.
    pfft...5G? I want the Bieber 6G
    BostonBeats88 likes this.

How about the damn Kansas City Metro!!

ROM
    unrooted 2.11.605.19

Expanded coverage in Northern Kentucky. Across from Cincinnati along the river is fully covered. go south about 5 miles and coverage is spotty. One house has it and the next nothing.... its crazy. Walk a few steps and upload speed is faster than cable company can provide down (5-6Mps).... another couple of steps and nothing.... full coverage would be sweet. Oh well its and excuse to riverfront and have a beer.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast