strange problem

zog1977

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
my phone started playing a song last night that i have never heard. It did all night and twice today so far,.
the only way i get it to stop is to pull down the notification bar.

i check all my settings, i have no songs attached to ringtones.

i am at a loss here.

any suggestions?

nmangiafesto86

Sep 28, 2010
Visit site
my phone started playing a song last night that i have never heard. It did all night and twice today so far,.
the only way i get it to stop is to pull down the notification bar.

i check all my settings, i have no songs attached to ringtones.

i am at a loss here.

any suggestions?

The only thing I can think of is that your phone is haunted with the ghost of Thunderbolts past...ha! That is really strange though.

Green_Laser

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
spooky :eek:

i'll give a call to Skinner who'll notify Mold and Skull to investigate more about this. ;)

if you find out. let us know.

Ed Witles

May 4, 2011
Visit site
This happened to me as well.

I was enjoying SKY.fm (nice 80s tunes) and then heard some 50s. Next, some top 40. It was playing over top of SKY.fm's audio.

I thought maybe they were having issues but started to recognize the tracks as MP3s I copied to the phone.

Come to find out, winamp started playing all by itself. I know no one touched it as it sat on my table and we were in the pool.

Very odd...

zog1977

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
it happened 4 times last night while i was sleeping and once this morning. I do not even know what the song is!

and no, it is not my alarm

yodatom10

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
it happened 4 times last night while i was sleeping and once this morning. I do not even know what the song is!

and no, it is not my alarm
Do u have any music streaming apps that could have somehow activated. If you can't get it to stop u might have to do a factory reset. Or call in the ghostbusters :)

GNUsNotUnix

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Here's a thought... Check your battery usage in Settings > About >Battery > Battery use. Anything out of the ordinary showing up in there??

Also, are you currently rooted?

Edit: Another thought occurred to me. Maybe check out Settings > Apps > Running Services. Again, anything out of the ordinary running here?

zog1977

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
finally trouble shooted it.

it was a gmail notification from the htc stock email app. it was somehow changed

it changed it after the last update.

damn that was aggravating

thanks for all your suggestions guys.

yodatom10

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
finally trouble shooted it.

it was a gmail notification from the htc stock email app. it was somehow changed

it changed it after the last update.

damn that was aggravating

thanks for all your suggestions guys.
That would explain the repeated noise at odd times. Glad you got it figured out