• 1 Post By 88 FLUX
  • 1 Post By 88 FLUX
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    1,128 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default CONTEST GIVEAWAY: One Spotify invite for a Thunderbolt user

Hey everyone. I have one remaining Spotify invite so I figured I would share it with my pals right here in the Thunderbolt forum on AC.

But since it's only one, I can't just give it to the first replier. I gotta make this fun.......

To enter, tell us all the most awkward situation you've ever been able to get yourself out of using your Thunderbolt. Since I understand that not everyone has been in one, just make one up!

Get me to laugh the hardest and the invite is yours. Contest ends at 10:00 PM eastern time (three hours from now) and I will send out the invite shortly thereafter.

I figured that this would also bring a lighter side to this "where's my Gingerbread??????" filled forum.
    Current: Moto X, ASUS Nexus 7 (2013)

Standby:
    Samsung Galaxy S3, LG Nexus 4, Samsung Galaxy Nexus, HTC Thunderbolt, HTC Nexus One, ASUS Nexus 7 (2012), Motorola Xoom
    zero neck likes this.

Global Posts
    2,043 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Re: CONTEST GIVEAWAY: One Spotify invite for a Thunderbolt user

I was being yelled at by my boss and used my bolt to take a fake call when I finished my boss asked who called. I said it was his wife and if he did not give me my raise she wasent going to have fun with him tonight. He gave me raise and promptly ran home.
    Last edited by yodatom10; 07-14-2011 at 06:34 PM.

True story, was walking into a store when Pandora unexpectedly reconnected and started playing Nine Inch Nails' from my bulging pocket. Of course I didn't notice for almost the full length of the song. Instead of quickly disarming the thing, I went about my business, wondering what possessed the big box store staff to play "Closer" over the store's speaker system instead of the usual bland elevator music. Needless to say, the Baby's R Us patrons were not impressed.

While entering a crowded elevator, my Thunderbolt rebooted itself, probably because it lost 4G or something. I don't know why, that was back before the last OTA, and it doesn't matter. But when the muffled thunder-crack went off in my pocket, I absentmindedly said "um, excuse me", at which point everyone started giggling.

if you want an account just make an uk account and change it to us.

Global Posts
    2,043 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by rot View Post
    thats not as fun as winning one
    I'm a android know it all with too much time on my hands
    If I've helped you make sure to hit that thanks button
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Global Posts
    1,128 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by rot View Post
    There are caveats to that, such as the fact that it doesn't give you the true "free" account. Its limited even more. And not everyone wants to bother. Now stop ruining the fun.

Standby:
    Samsung Galaxy S3, LG Nexus 4, Samsung Galaxy Nexus, HTC Thunderbolt, HTC Nexus One, ASUS Nexus 7 (2012), Motorola Xoom

Quote Originally Posted by l0wr1d3r View Post
    While entering a crowded elevator, my Thunderbolt rebooted itself, probably because it lost 4G or something. I don't know why, that was back before the last OTA, and it doesn't matter. But when the muffled thunder-crack went off in my pocket, I absentmindedly said "um, excuse me", at which point everyone started giggling.
    I'm not the judge of this contest but I would say you're the winner as it stands. Lmfao! Finally, an entertaining reboot story.

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt using Tapatalk.

Back in the heady days when the Thunderbolt's Mobile Hotspot was free as in beer, I'd place it in the 40mbps 4G sweetspot in my flat (inside a flowerpot hanging off the deck) to watch HD Netflix on my 50 inch. Configuring wifi on a 360 is kind of a pain in the ***, so I just left security off. As an added bonus, my roommates figured out they didn't need a password to connect to the "BigBoy" network, and would leave me alone to scuttle off to their rooms and watch God-knows-what on their laptops. Whatever they were doing must have involved a hell-of-a lot of bandwidth, because my Thunderbolt would get hot enough to singe the begonias.

Anyway, that's how I got into the habit of just leaving the hotspot on: so my creepy roommates would leave me alone so I could watch Futurama in peace.

Several weeks later I was at work and the internet went down. It was like crunch time or something for one of the teams on my floor, so they were pretty desperate, and when they saw that vanilla "Open Wireless Networks Available" message pop-up in their XP toolbar, they all connected. Of course, I was more than a little pissed because all of a sudden my Thunderbolt started burning a hole into my leg, just as I was leaving for lunch. It was perfectly clear who the culprits were after I checked the manage users screen, and I told them that my girlfriend was picking me up for lunch and they'd have to get their darn internet from somewhere else.

I was down in the parking lot, getting into her car, when one of the team members opened the second story window and screamed out: "Wait, don't leave us, Big Boy!".
    Last edited by l0wr1d3r; 07-14-2011 at 07:26 PM.
    Vzw Staff

Global Posts
    417 Global Posts

Sorry to sidetrack the contest but to the OP are you rooted or running GB mod? Because I have talked to friends who get error message when trying to load app on Thunderbolt and I contacted Spotify and they also told me to check their site for it becomes workable on our phone but as of right now is not compatible -
    The art of war is simple enough. Find out where your enemy is. Get at him as soon as you can. Strike him as hard as you can, and keep moving.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Global Posts
    1,128 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Well, I gotta say that I am really surprised there weren't more entries considering how chaotic the search has been for Spotify invites today. The entries given though were great. Very good job guys. But unfortunately, there can only be one winner. And that winner is...

yodatom10

Please PM me your email address and I'll send you your invite.

l0wr1d3r, your answers were great too. And because of that, I give you my word that if I get anymore invites added to my account, you get one right away if you have not already received one. If I get anymore, I will PM you.

Contest over!

Standby:
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Global Posts
    1,128 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by iLLusive View Post
    Sorry to sidetrack the contest but to the OP are you rooted or running GB mod? Because I have talked to friends who get error message when trying to load app on Thunderbolt and I contacted Spotify and they also told me to check their site for it becomes workable on our phone but as of right now is not compatible -
    The Thunderbolt I'm using right now is stock and unrooted. Spotify was working fine for me when I was using it earlier. Was listening to music through it while driving.

Standby:
    Thanked by:
    yodatom10 likes this.

Global Posts
    2,043 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by ock View Post
    Well, I gotta say that I am really surprised there weren't more entries considering how chaotic the search has been for Spotify invites today. The entries given though were great. Very good job guys. But unfortunately, there can only be one winner. And that winner is...

yodatom10

Please PM me your email address and I'll send you your invite.

l0wr1d3r, your answers were great too. And because of that, I give you my word that if I get anymore invites added to my account, you get one right away if you have not already received one. If I get anymore, I will PM you.

Contest over!

Pm sent
    thanks again for the invite.

Sent from my ThunderBolt using Tapatalk
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

Global Posts
    1,128 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by yodatom10 View Post
    Pm sent
    thanks again for the invite.

Invite sent!

Standby:

Global Posts
    2,043 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by ock View Post
    Invite sent!
    Got it and sterning music right now I think I got my new slacker replacement thanks again