1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Unhappy STILL No Update. Download Failed Error.

Ok, so im still having the same issue. I go into settings, check for update, and update is FOUND. However, when i go to download....nada. Error: Download Failed. It has been like this since day one of the latest update being available.
    Unlike those that get the disappearing box or whatever, my device recognizes the update....just will not download. I tried switching to 3G, 1x, etc......NOTHING. Any idea? I remember someone saying that Verizon and/or HTC said to give it 24 hours bc of network overload. That was last Saturday.
    I've had few and very far between reboots. Honestly, i could count em up on 1 hand, and I've had the device since launch. So maybe i shouldn't even worry about the update. However, sadly I'm a completionist in all aspects of life, and also anal about being up to date with updates on all of my electronics. So i guess i want the update regardless.
    Any ideas/thoughts/suggestions/tips?? I'm a month longer of no GB away from rooting. Really trying to be patient here. I bought HTC due to all of the positive ive heard about mostly all of their devices. I'm on a family plan, and pretty much stuck with Vzw. I'm really annoyed/upset with the support this phone has been getting (not to mention, i love the Sensation and a few other HTC phones on various other networks). Dunno who's to blame, so I'm not pointing fingers.

Thanks again guys. I don't post much, but have always gotten quality info in return, whenever i do have questions.

Global Posts
    758 Global Posts

Default Re: STILL No Update. Download Failed Error.

Can you pull the SD memory card, put it in an adapter, and plug it into a PC. Then run a disk check on it. Maybe the card is corrupted somehow.
    Probably not, but a thought.

Global Posts
    2,043 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I would try formating the SD card
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

If i were to format the SD card, i would lose all data/music/apps on the card, correct??
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Because if that's the case....I'm sure that has got to be another way to get this damn update. Do i even want the update?? Really....

Global Posts
    2,043 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Herman187 View Post
    Because if that's the case....I'm sure that has got to be another way to get this damn update. Do i even want the update?? Really....
    You can fry taking it to verizon

Global Posts
    2,043 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Herman187 View Post
    You can take it to Verizon
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Yeah....that's my last resort. Sometime this week. It really hasn't had any effect on my daily usage at this point. Just frustrating. Got the first update without a hitch. Isn't there a point where they actually PUSH the update to all phones? Like some kinda notice in the status bar?

I still don't have the update either. Have been getting "Service unavailable" error all week on 4G. 1X trick worked once or twice but the download would quickly end with a download error service, and the status would say "stopped by user". I haven't done the MR1 update though and still on stock.

is it possible being rooted is stopping the update?