1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    115 Global Posts

Default g talk wont open.

My Google talk will not open. It flashes a black screen and then goes back to home screen. Go to my apps/ remove apps and it says its running. Force closed and tried again to get same thing. And there is no option to reinstall. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,
    Brandon

Global Posts
    2,043 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by bvitale79 View Post
    My Google talk will not open. It flashes a black screen and then goes back to home screen. Go to my apps/ remove apps and it says its running. Force closed and tried again to get same thing. And there is no option to reinstall. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,
    Brandon
    You can try clearing the gtalk data via the app manager. Other wise reinstall

ROM
    Stock

Default Re: g talk wont open.

Thanks in advance,
    Brandon
    I had this exact issue when I first got my TBolt in May. Took it to Verizon while it was doing it, and they couldn't help me at all. They said the same old stuff, "clear the cache, reinstall, etc." but since it was a stock app, you dont have those options. I did notice that for me, when I rebooted the phone, it would start working again, but eventually it would go back to doing what you described. I ended up doing a factory reset (mostly to try to cure the random reboots before Verizon seemed to know that it was a bigger issue than just doing a hard reset) and this solved the problem with GTalk. It's not a great option since you will lose all your data, but it did work for me. Good luck.

ROM
    Bamf Paradigm

Thanks in advance,
    Brandon
    i, too, have had this problem.
    didn't have it until my brother held my phone, "let me show you something" (not referencing FireMarshall Bill!) and tried opening g-Talk. didn't open.

like the previous poster, after a restart it starts working again.

haven't had this problem since that first time, though.
    hopefully this minor bug (which affects a lot of people, from what i've read) is resolved or just a fluke.

Thanks in advance,
    Brandon
    Had a similar issue, checked logcat and found line after line of google services framework errors. Other symptoms as is gets worse - gmail/calandar/contacts would not sync automatically. Not just on the TB that this has happens.

I have tried changing my google password to make the phone re-authenticate and also tried a factory data reset. Both clears it up but still a chance it will happen again.

Kind Regards,
    Kevin