Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Did anyone buy there TBolt on a 1 year contract?

I have bought two TBolts and asked for the 1 year contract each time. The sales person said OK and I thought I had the 1 year deal. After looking at my upgrade dates, I thought something was wrong.
    Now I am being told that the TBolt has never been offered for sale on a 1 year contract. This by the Verizon Wireless Store manager.
    Has anyjuan else gotten a 1 year contract?
    Last edited by San Juan; 07-15-2011 at 02:11 PM. Reason: addition
    Stephen
    The Incredible Nexus

Global Posts
    118 Global Posts

Default Re: Did anyjuan buy there TBolt on a 1 year contract?

I bought mine when they first came out on a one year contract. I think they have now discontinued one year contracts.

Believe they did away with 1 yr contracts on consumer lines back in April
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

I got mine on launch day, My son's a couple of weeks later
    Stephen
    The Incredible Nexus

Sounds like they goofed then since the thunderbolt was out a full month prior to Verizon removing the 1 yr contract option. How much did you pay for each phone?

ROM
    CM7 RC1.2

Yes, I got mine on launch day. As others have stated, it ended about a month later.
    -SoDev

Global Posts
    614 Global Posts

who is juan?

Yeah, Verizon did away with 1 year contracts in mid-April. The Verizon store manager was lying.

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by zog1977 View Post
    who is juan?
    Looks to me like that would be the OP, San Juan. Just a guess...

Global Posts
    3,645 Global Posts
    ROM
    Latest OTA Official ROM

Many people (nationwide) got their TBolts on a 1 year contract. Back when they still had one year contracts - maybe a month or so after release of the TBolt. I don't remember the date. The point is that it was not unique to the TBolt. It was the fact that very few people who upgraded were entitled to upgrade with a one year contract at all. To any phone.

In order to "upgrade" (and I don't use the term loosely) on <edit: "to"> a one year contract you had to basically be OUT OF CONTRACT. If you were still within your contract period you were REQUIRED to do a two year contract in order to receive "upgrade" pricing on the phone. Again, this was not unique to the TBolt.

-Frank
    Last edited by FrankXS; 07-15-2011 at 05:47 PM.
    [HTC Thunderbolt™ 4G/LTE!]
    It's not your dream phone. It's the one after that!©
    Look here for a [VZW Coverage Map] to check your area. Select 4G before hitting [Refresh]

I didn't know that you could upgrade while in 1 year contact.
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankXS View Post
    Many people (nationwide) got their TBolts on a 1 year contract. Back when they still had one year contracts - maybe a month or so after release of the TBolt. I don't remember the date. The point is that it was not unique to the TBolt. It was the fact that very few people who upgraded were entitled to upgrade with a one year contract at all. To any phone.

In order to "upgrade" (and I don't use the term loosely) on a one year contract you had to basically be OUT OF CONTRACT. If you were still within your contract period you were REQUIRED to do a two year contract in order to receive "upgrade" pricing on the phone. Again, this was not unique to the TBolt.

-Frank

Global Posts
    3,645 Global Posts
    ROM
    Latest OTA Official ROM

Quote Originally Posted by dpham00 View Post
    I didn't know that you could upgrade while in 1 year contact.
    I didn't say you could. I said in order to qualify for a one year contract you had to be out of your contract period. See edit in my original post.

-Frank
    Look here for a [VZW Coverage Map] to check your area. Select 4G before hitting [Refresh]

Got mine on a 1 Year Contract for $219 from VerizonWireless.com a week after release. Saw that price, printed it out, took it to the store and the guy was like "What the Heck!" He said he couldn't match the price so I got it online.

ROM
    N/A

The one thing that is weird is that we are *supposed* to reiterate over and over the term of the contract. This is why I always stress to people to at least skim the terms to which you are signing.
    Former Verizon Wireless Technical Consultant

Quote Originally Posted by Mortiel View Post
    The one thing that is weird is that we are *supposed* to reiterate over and over the term of the contract. This is why I always stress to people to at least skim the terms to which you are signing.
    I purchased mine on launch morning on a two-year contract. To me, it was all about lower long-term costs and locking into unlimited LTE for as long as possible. I did notice afterwards that the rep that set me up never mentioned a single word about the contract that morning, or the fact that it was a two-year deal. The only indication I had was a receipt saying that my contract expired on March the 17th, 2013.

Global Posts
    3,645 Global Posts
    ROM
    Latest OTA Official ROM

Quote Originally Posted by Mortiel View Post
    All the reps I've dealt with, although not very technically inclined, have always been very thorough when explaining the terms.

-Frank

Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    ROM
    Viper ROM

i have a one year contract on mine however , it show my contract end day in march and my eligible upgrade day in November. It doesnt make sense to me because if im not on contract i can obviously upgrade, i called VZW customer service they dont know why it says that so w/e
    Motorola Q -> Blackberry storm -> iPhone 3gs -> Blackberry Tour -> Droid Incredible ->Thunderbolt ->Epic 4G Touch->Evo 4G LTE

"ROOTED"

HERE WE GO BROWNIES HERE WE GO

Quote Originally Posted by rsk2mc View Post
    i have a one year contract on mine however , it show my contract end day in march and my eligible upgrade day in November. It doesnt make sense to me because if im not on contract i can obviously upgrade, i called VZW customer service they dont know why it says that so w/e
    Is your upgrade eligibility date November 2011 or Novemeber 2012?

There was a cut off date when the one year contract was not going to be offered any longer. I got mine on a one year contract. Thank God, this phone sucks..

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
    "I feel sorry for the people who do not drink... When they wake up in the morning, that is the best they are going to feel all day..." - Frank Sinatra

Default Re: Did anyone buy there TBolt on a 1 year contract?

Yo soy Juancito!!

I got mine with a one year contract. Ready to upgrade in January 2012.

This phone is the best! Loving it.
    Samsung Galaxy S3 - HTC Droid Incredible - HTC Thunderbolt - Asus Transformer TF101-B1 with dock - Nook Color - Logitech Revue.

I didn't say you could. I said in order to qualify for a one year contract you had to be out of your contract period. See edit in my original post.

-Frank
    hmmm...unless i am not understanding your post... I upgraded to the Thunderbolt with a 1 year contract, and I was still in contract, i think somewhere around 13-16 months of my 2 year contract.

I upgraded through the employee discount website, if that makes any difference.

Global Posts
    400 Global Posts

Bought it on a 1 year contract. $229 plus sales tax, activation, etc. Came over from Sprint. Upgrade eligible in January. Don't plan to upgrade since I don't want a 2 year contract with a $350 ETF hanging over my head. Will probably go back to Sprint pick up the next EVO or Nexus, and play the "upgrade to Premier Gold" game every year or so when I want a new phone. If Verizon comes out with a Nexus at a reasonable no-contract price I'd consider it.

Very happy I didn't get the TBolt on a 2 year deal.

Global Posts
    3,645 Global Posts
    ROM
    Latest OTA Official ROM

I upgraded through the employee discount website, if that makes any difference.
    Yes, corporate upgrade plans are different.

-Frank

Sent from my HTC ThunderBolt 4G/LTE using Tapatalk

Yes, corporate upgrade plans are different.

-Frank

Sent from my HTC ThunderBolt 4G/LTE using Tapatalk
    just to clarify, this is a personal account, i just get a discount through my work, but i pay for the account myself. i tried to upgrade at a corporate Verizon store and they would not let me upgrade with a 1 year contract. Online, it said that i could upgrade with annual upgrade, but that annual upgrade requires 2 year renewal, but still, they let me reup with a 1-year contract.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Did anyone buy there TBolt on a 1 year contract?-verizon_1.jpg   Did anyone buy there TBolt on a 1 year contract?-verizon_2.jpg   Did anyone buy there TBolt on a 1 year contract?-verizon_3.jpg  

Global Posts
    3,645 Global Posts
    ROM
    Latest OTA Official ROM

just to clarify, this is a personal account, i just get a discount through my work, but i pay for the account myself. i tried to upgrade at a corporate Verizon store and they would not let me upgrade with a 1 year contract. Online, it said that i could upgrade with annual upgrade, but that annual upgrade requires 2 year renewal, but still, they let me reup with a 1-year contract.
    Yes, just to clarify, I'm saying if your elegibility for a 1 year contract was not due to a corporate account, you just slipped through the cracks.

I should add, it certainly doesn't have anything to do with being a "good customer". I've been a customer in good standing for every single month with two or more lines on the plan since they incorporated as VZW. And I couldn't do it either. Because I was still on my plan. Although, like you, I did use the "annual upgrade" to do it. Before they took that away too.

-Frank
    Last edited by FrankXS; 07-15-2011 at 10:28 PM.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast