Backup Stock Thunderbolt

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Is there an app that can back up all apps and their settings so if I have to change phones or do a factory reset I don't have to do everything all over again? Installing the apps again isn't half as annoying as having to remember and redo all the settings back the way I like them.

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Is there an app that can back up all apps and their settings so if I have to change phones or do a factory reset I don't have to do everything all over again? Installing the apps again isn't half as annoying as having to remember and redo all the settings back the way I like them.
My Backup Pro - Market - $4.99. 30 day free trial.

-Frank

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I don't think it restores the home screens. But it does restore everything else

I just read the faq info on their website and it says it doesn't back up app data unless you are rooted. Redoing those app settings is the most aggravating and time consuming part of getting things back after a reset. It's the only functionality I really need. As I said downloading the apps again isn't too bad - its Redoing all the app settings.

yodatom10

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I just read the faq info on their website and it says it doesn't back up app data unless you are rooted. Redoing those app settings is the most aggravating and time consuming part of getting things back after a reset. It's the only functionality I really need. As I said downloading the apps again isn't too bad - its Redoing all the app settings.
I'm sorry I miss dmresd your post. The only way for an app to back up all your app data is to be rooted.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Darn. What if I copy all the app folders from my sdcard to laptop then after installing apps copied these folders over the new ones on the sdcard?

First really good reason to root I've seen....except then factory reset won't work anyway.

yodatom10

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Darn. What if I copy all the app folders from my sdcard to laptop then after installing apps copied these folders over the new ones on the sdcard?

First really good reason to root I've seen....except then factory reset won't work anyway.
u still won't get everything back. And I also just saw this on Twitter
TeamAndIRC Thunderbolt users, if you want root, root now before the next OTA. All publicly known temproot exploits are patched in it.

jdk2

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
TeamAndIRC Thunderbolt users, if you want root, root now before the next OTA. All publicly known temproot exploits are patched in it.
Wow. So much for HTC's unlocked bootloaders.

Noble_Logistics

May 28, 2011
Visit site

Try AppBrain, my wife likes it.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I do see an app called Safe Backup that claims to backup app.settings on an unrooted stock Android device. Has anybody tried it?

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Wow. So much for HTC's unlocked bootloaders.

This may not have anything to do with HTC unlocking the TBolt bootloader in the future. Closing exploits is just good security practice. Once an exploit is know, malware creators will be there.

Sent from my Commodore 64

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
In order to truly be able to do this, you need to be rooted...and the catch 22 is that in order to root the thunderbolt, it wipes all your data.

It is a huge advantage to rooting though.

As yodatom10 mentioned, to anyone considering rooting your phone, do it now before the next update...you may not be able to afterwards. Oh, and check my FAQ as well if you're on the fence.
http://forums.androidcentral.com/th.../103522-faq-should-i-root-my-thunderbolt.html

mrtonk

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site

Interesting phrasing here. Sounds like the next OTA is imminent?

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
In order to truly be able to do this, you need to be rooted...and the catch 22 is that in order to root the thunderbolt, it wipes all your data.

It is a huge advantage to rooting though.

As yodatom10 mentioned, to anyone considering rooting your phone, do it now before the next update...you may not be able to afterwards. Oh, and check my FAQ as well if you're on the fence.
http://forums.androidcentral.com/th.../103522-faq-should-i-root-my-thunderbolt.html

If so....and future rooting is not possible then the root Rom developers will have a smaller and smaller user base. I would strongly suspect there will be less and less support and even fewer updates for root users until the stock users end up with a superior.product.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton