1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default 4g Long Island NY

I am getting conflicting answers. I live in Suffolk County on Long Island NY. Trying to figure out when I am going to truly get 4G- I cannot read those dopey maps. How can I find that out?

Global Posts
    2,043 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by jaybro0813 View Post
    I am getting conflicting answers. I live in Suffolk County on Long Island NY. Trying to figure out when I am going to truly get 4G- I cannot read those dopey maps. How can I find that out?
    Call Verizon I do think u have 4G but I will still call Verizon to be sure

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
    I'm a android know it all with too much time on my hands
    If I've helped you make sure to hit that thanks button

Global Posts
    3,645 Global Posts
    ROM
    Latest OTA Official ROM

Default Re: 4g Long Island NY

According to the coverage map link in my signature it seems as if you are [EDIT: seems as if you MAY BE] in a full 4G area. I used an address of a bank...

However.... if you can recognize this area, you can see the dark red is 4G and the slightly lighter red is outskirts of 4G (Extended Coverage Area) and the very light red is 3G. Your exact address matters.

After looking up Suffolk Country specifically, I came up with this map. Recognize anything? Same legend as above map. It is 3G only all the way East to the Atlantic, even though I didn't include that part of the map.

-Frank
    Last edited by FrankXS; 07-16-2011 at 01:16 PM.
    [HTC Thunderbolt™ 4G/LTE!]
    It's not your dream phone. It's the one after that!©
    Look here for a [VZW Coverage Map] to check your area. Select 4G before hitting [Refresh]

Global Posts
    19 Global Posts

I work in plainview and have 4g and if i go any futher east i loose 4g coverage. it seems that the 110 is the cut off point
    Last edited by erock441; 07-16-2011 at 09:08 PM. Reason: cleaned up

Quote Originally Posted by erock441 View Post
    I work in plainview and have 4g and if i go any futher east i loose 4g coverage. it seems that the 110 is the cut off point
    I'm in the same area. Yup. 110 is the cut off point. And there must be some kind of 4G "dampening" field over Old Bethpage. Lol.

Global Posts
    25 Global Posts

here is another confirmation. had to drive from riverhead to queens and I noticed my phone went from 3G to 4G as I was driving past exit 49 on LIE (rt 110) .

Global Posts
    152 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by erock441 View Post
    your username looks familiar.. feel like i know u from somewhere lol.. i live out in farmingville and im dying for some 4G action

if u guys look at that map, its pretty much close to the border of nassau/suffolk. i "heard" suffolk county was giving verizon crap about the towers so we'll see. the only suffolk county town to have it seems to be parts of farmingdale. once i hit exit 49 going westbound she kicks on and it seems to go as north as the northern state.

hopefully we will be seeing 4G get closer and closer. Im constantly driving to westbury like once or twice a week so I'll definitely keep an eye on it to see if it ever creeps closer

Yeap I go to SUNY Farmingdale and get 4g when I'm in class

A guy at the Verizon store told me not to expect 4G in Suffolk anytime soon, because the majority of their cell towers are on cablevision owned properties and they are limiting their access to the towers to upgrade them to 4G. Guess due to their battle with them over Fios. Thanks Cablevision.

Global Posts
    409 Global Posts

Leave it to the old Verizon / Cablevision feud to make it difficult for those of us that live in Suffolk. Can not get Fios out here in Brookhaven township and now no 4G.