Wake up shows 3G/4G then switches to Wifi

brodrick

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
While at home or work, I have my phone connected to Wifi. Since the last update, whenever my phone has been quiet for 5 or 10 minutes, I can pick it up, press the power button, and then I see that the 4G icon is lit up. Then, within 5 to 10 seconds, the wifi icon reappears and the 4G goes away. It's like during sleep time, the phone turns off wifi, and then turns it back on during wakeup. It's also caused the WPA_Supplicant to be one of the highest used processes on my phone now, possibly because of the constant re-connecting to my wifi.

Is this a feature and not a bug? Or am I alone on this one.

Tom

yodatom10

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
While at home or work, I have my phone connected to Wifi. Since the last update, whenever my phone has been quiet for 5 or 10 minutes, I can pick it up, press the power button, and then I see that the 4G icon is lit up. Then, within 5 to 10 seconds, the wifi icon reappears and the 4G goes away. It's like during sleep time, the phone turns off wifi, and then turns it back on during wakeup. It's also caused the WPA_Supplicant to be one of the highest used processes on my phone now, possibly because of the constant re-connecting to my wifi.

Is this a feature and not a bug? Or am I alone on this one.

Tom
I believe its a.feature that can be set to off in the advamce WiFi settings

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey