Hulu Plus thinks I don't have a Thunderbolt. Anyone know why?

sahmad88

May 1, 2010
Visit site
I had rooted my phone using Cory's method using a mac and flashed a couple of different gingerbread roms. That means that I did have to change the radio and I used the MR2.5 radio. To unroot, I had a nandroid backup that I had created right after rooting. I restored from that backup, changed my radio back to a radio that was compatible with Froyo. Then followed the instructions on XDA to unroot. Things seem to be fine. But now I notice that Hulu Plus says that video playback is not supported on my device. It is as if it thinks I don't have a Thunderbolt. Any thoughts?

yodatom10

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I had rooted my phone using Cory's method using a mac and flashed a couple of different gingerbread roms. That means that I did have to change the radio and I used the MR2.5 radio. To unroot, I had a nandroid backup that I had created right after rooting. I restored from that backup, changed my radio back to a radio that was compatible with Froyo. Then followed the instructions on XDA to unroot. Things seem to be fine. But now I notice that Hulu Plus says that video playback is not supported on my device. It is as if it thinks I don't have a Thunderbolt. Any thoughts?
Was it ever supported there website always blocked smart phones

Shryne

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
Re: Hulu Plus thinks I don't have a Thunderbolt. Anyone know why

Are you using the app, or the website? The website won't work on a smartphone, you need to use the app.

sahmad88

May 1, 2010
Visit site

I was trying to use the app. I though the app supported the thunderbolt now.

sahmad88

May 1, 2010
Visit site
The app works for me. I would try deleting the app rebooting the phone and re download the app

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

This didn't work, but thanks for trying. I guess I am not really back to stock. Does anyone have any ideas what could be left on my device? If I have to return to VZW, I don't want them to find out I was rooted and charge me for the replacement phone.

Mike_is_Mike

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site

I was having coffee with Hulu yesterday and it said it didn't like the case you bought for your Thunderbolt and it wasn't going to take it anymore.

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site

I was having coffee with Hulu yesterday and it said it didn't like the case you bought for your Thunderbolt and it wasn't going to take it anymore.

LOL, thats funny.

Anyways, to the OP, have you updated to the most current version on your phone (the one that changes your radio). I was able to test out the hulu + app on my Gingerbread Sense 3.0 Rom. My only issue is that I am in Mexico, and it didn't like the Mexican IP address and blocked it. I have a VPN on my laptop that I used to avoid this, so I wouldn't get bored. I assumed it would work on my Tbolt as soon as I get back into the states.

Here is what I would do:
1. Flash the downgrade zip in the rooting instructions. This will wipe everything, install the original Froyo radio. Nothing should be changed i.e. build.prop should be what verizon intended.
2. Update to newest firmware (should be 2 updates, don't know if it will just update to the current from the original firmware).
3. Download Hulu+ app and try again.

sahmad88

May 1, 2010
Visit site

LOL, thats funny.

Anyways, to the OP, have you updated to the most current version on your phone (the one that changes your radio). I was able to test out the hulu + app on my Gingerbread Sense 3.0 Rom. My only issue is that I am in Mexico, and it didn't like the Mexican IP address and blocked it. I have a VPN on my laptop that I used to avoid this, so I wouldn't get bored. I assumed it would work on my Tbolt as soon as I get back into the states.

Here is what I would do:
1. Flash the downgrade zip in the rooting instructions. This will wipe everything, install the original Froyo radio. Nothing should be changed i.e. build.prop should be what verizon intended.
2. Update to newest firmware (should be 2 updates, don't know if it will just update to the current from the original firmware).
3. Download Hulu+ app and try again.

That is what I did, but I only had one update. I just checked and it said I am up to date on my software. I am at software version 1.70.605.0. I can't remember where my radio version is. I think it is my baseband. If so, my baseband version is 1.39.00.0627r, 0.01.69.0625r.

I actually decided to go back to stock because although I liked a lot of things about the custom roms, there were other bugs, and I was a bit tired of wiping and starting over again. Even with Titanium Backup, you still have to do some tweaking to your setup each time.

sahmad88

May 1, 2010
Visit site

That is what I did, but I only had one update. I just checked and it said I am up to date on my software. I am at software version 1.70.605.0. I can't remember where my radio version is. I think it is my baseband. If so, my baseband version is 1.39.00.0627r, 0.01.69.0625r.

I actually decided to go back to stock because although I liked a lot of things about the custom roms, there were other bugs, and I was a bit tired of wiping and starting over again. Even with Titanium Backup, you still have to do some tweaking to your setup each time.

Reading your instructions again, the only thing I don't know if I did was install the "original" Froyo radio, because I don't know which one it is. I used the second one listed in the Obligatory Radio Thread on XDA. The first one wouldn't work for me. When I used it, and then tried to install the update, my phone rebooted and then acted like it was installing the update for about a minute, but then it went to an exclamation point instide a triangle with the android dude next to it. Nothing that I looked at said - this is the original radio. I thought the second file that the going back to stock instructions might be a radio, but my phone had no service after I flashed it. Was that supposed to be it? Should I try that again?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thtknt