Contents of SD Card and Saving to SD Card

Eddd

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
When I connect my phone to my computer I see a new drive come up. Is this drive my SD card or the internal memory of my phone? If it is not how do I see the contents of the SD card when it is connected to my computer as an external drive? How do I save to the SD card? I want to put audio files that are on my computer on my phone. On my phone how do I see the contents of the SD card? I can see the space on the card but not what is actually on the card. I have looked at the manual but I am not seeing what I can identify as the root directory when my phone is attached to the computer. Thank you for your responses.

CaMelGuY1337

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
When I connect my phone to my computer I see a new drive come up. Is this drive my SD card or the internal memory of my phone? If it is not how do I see the contents of the SD card when it is connected to my computer as an external drive? How do I save to the SD card? I want to put audio files that are on my computer on my phone. On my phone how do I see the contents of the SD card? I can see the space on the card but not what is actually on the card. I have looked at the manual but I am not seeing what I can identify as the root directory when my phone is attached to the computer. Thank you for your responses.

Yes, the new drive showing up is the phones SD card. If you want to put files on it, just drag and drop whatever file you want on to it. The root of the SD card is the very bottom level of the SD card where all the main files are at...such as music or the folder where you camera puts pictures. Simply put, its the beginning of the SD card. To view files on it while not on your computer, simply download a SD card file explorer from the market. There are tons of them....AndExplorer, Explorer, ES File Expert (I'm 99% sure that's the name) Hope that helped. :)

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Eddd

Unobtanium

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I get two drives that show up, one appears to be the phone, plus Windows tries to launch the HTC Sync installer (which I don't want to use), and launches the web browser to look for something at Verizon's web site. (Yes, I select disk drive on the phone menu when it pops up).

The second drive is my SD card.

I have moved sound files off a USB hard drive, pictures off my old phone's micro SD card (using a USB adapter), and some MP3s off a cheap MP3 player, just drag and drop into the SD card. I created folders named "Sound," "Music," "Alarms," and "Notifications," so I can use other than the stock noises.

Reactions: Eddd

Eddd

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I get two drives that show up, one appears to be the phone, plus Windows tries to launch the HTC Sync installer (which I don't want to use), and launches the web browser to look for something at Verizon's web site. (Yes, I select disk drive on the phone menu when it pops up).

The second drive is my SD card.

I have moved sound files off a USB hard drive, pictures off my old phone's micro SD card (using a USB adapter), and some MP3s off a cheap MP3 player, just drag and drop into the SD card. I created folders named "Sound," "Music," "Alarms," and "Notifications," so I can use other than the stock noises.
I would like to thank everyone who responded to my thread.
Eddd