Just wondering.

OhioG

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
I use way too many google services (Voice, Gmail, gTal,k Navigation, Maps, Music, Docs) to ever consider moving to the iPhone. The seamless integration is what I love about my phone.

DevTin23

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
:) I like this. I like to know what people love about the phone and this might help my end decision. Keep em comin haha

sent from my sense-free thunderbolt

cadzilla74

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
sarcasmemo2.gif

realitydigg

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
When the iPhone supports LTE, removable batteries, doesn't require iTunes, doesn't force me to install iTunes, lets me buy software from wherever I want, doesn't track me without tellng me, and is available from more than one vendor, I ....probably still won't buy it because by that time I'll be too old to use a phone of any kind! :D

Bond32

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Maybe, I've never used an iphone so I would have to test one out before I committed to it. Now, would I give up my Thunderbolt for a Droid X ...... YES. In a heartbeat. I miss my Droid X daily. Im currently selling my Bolt and will re-purchase a Droid X when it sells.

I dont live in a 4G area so I wont miss the fast internet. I just dont like Sense and the overall HTC experience I have had. For the record, my Bolt NEVER has had a reboot or any of the other issues, that plagued so many Bolts, No reboots, no kickstand peeling etc......I just prefer my Moto to this.

Good points, but I will tell you I just got 4G, and it is so freaking fast and totally worth the wait. Are you in an area that will be getting LTE soon?

Unobtanium

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
At this point, no. My brother and his wife went to iPhones about 8 months ago on AT&T. His 3G has never worked right. They are not using the phones for e-mail, so I don't really know why they got them.

I have had my TB about 6 - 7 weeks. Other than the battery life, I really like it and 4G is awesome. (Had to plug my TB in in the car after lunch; my office is in a BAD Verizon zone and I forgot my AC charger).

If / When the LTE iPhone comes out? Don't know. I really like the Google integration (which is one big reason I picked the TB over the Revolution), so probably not.

Another big thing was HTC's announcement that the would start releasing phones with unlocked bootloaders, about the time I was finalizing my smartphone decision. My TB is stock and unrooted, but I would like an easier option, and while that may never happen with the TB, "Son of TB" should allow it.

Finally, I didn't want to have to find a "Genius bar" just to replace a battery.

0pusX

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Good points, but I will tell you I just got 4G, and it is so freaking fast and totally worth the wait. Are you in an area that will be getting LTE soon?

Yes it is FAST in fact in Chicago last weekend I got 40Mbps download / 19Mbps upload....... BUT.... IMO that is really only totally useful if I have a wireless card or MiFi and are going to use it on a laptop or PC.

I dont use my phone for a lot of downloads, I use it for text/email web browsing mainly. so 3G is good enough.

My area hasnt even been mentioned for 4G yet so my guess is 1+ year out.

Barbelina

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Ok Maybe I'm one of the lucky ones who have had no problems with my Tbolt-
so I added the data plan to my son's phone to be grandfathered in to unlimited pkg and saw the posts for the free TB coming any time now....any news about this promo? He is anxiously awaiting a new device....

still_smoking

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
and if you are with VZW, the i Phone will never be that great. they are optimized for a CDMA network, so will always work best on AT&T, when you can get the service, anyways.

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I have both devices and use my TBolt much more. For me LTE speeds are worth dealing with the battery life of the TBolt. The iPhone has great battery life and a great screen, but 3G just doesn't cut it once you've used LTE.

Sent using Tapatalk

Just a Guy

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
I would trade if the iPhone sprouted a kick stand, had a removable battery and memory, grew a 4.3" screen, could do voice and data at the same time, was 4G capable, could use flash, and ran android............oh and renaming it the thunderbolt would be icing on the cake :)

canesfan44

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I would trade if the iPhone sprouted a kick stand, had a removable battery and memory, grew a 4.3" screen, could do voice and data at the same time, was 4G capable, could use flash, and ran android............oh and renaming it the thunderbolt would be icing on the cake :)

Lol, and it would have to drop the whole I-Tunes nonsense, and let me do what I want with MY music and videos, mehhhhhh I hate I-Tunes.

Last edited by a moderator:

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
A Honda Accord is great car owned by many people. It is reputation for being very a reliable, consumer friendly car that many people love. Would I ever consider buying one? Maybe...

Would I ever consider trading in a faster, higher-performance car with a lot more customizable components for a Honda Accord...even though the other car may require a bit more attention and maintenance on my part? Probably not. No, definitely not.

That's pretty much how I'd compare the iPhone to the Thunderbolt.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781