Bye bye thunderbolt community.

jbomb11

Banned
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Just wanted to say so long and goodluck. May the reboot, loss of signal, and the continuous battery drain end very soon. However I could not wait. Off to Samsung or LG I go.

Fairly sure a charge is in my near future.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

tropper

Smarty Pants
Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
IDK how long you had it but fair the well !
Points to note:
LG is bingified
Sammy takes forever to get most updates
The grass isnt always greener on the other side of the fence.

RJSAdvisors

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
Sorry you are leaving just as the MR2 update + temporarily pulling the battery, SIM card, and micro SD memory card improved battery life noticeably. You may miss the TBolt's kickstand, and the TBolt is likely to get its GB update before the Charge or the LG. On the up side, the Charge's AMOLED screen really is great.

dubge

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
The TB is a good phone but it is not for everyone, wasn't for me and looks like it is not for you either!

I made the move to the charge and am very happy with it, dont get me wrong it does have its own bugs and qwerks but it was better fit for me.

As for Sammy and how long it takes for updated, everyone keeps saying they learned their lesson and it will be different this time around but until I see it I will just root and ROM until it happens or I get a new another phone :)

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Sorry you are leaving just as the MR2 update + temporarily pulling the battery, SIM card, and micro SD memory card improved battery life noticeably. You may miss the TBolt's kickstand, and the TBolt is likely to get its GB update before the Charge or the LG. On the up side, the Charge's AMOLED screen really is great.
Do VZW customers have a sim card?
Do you have to amount the sdcard first like you do in a Droid 1?

PJnc284

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
As for Sammy and how long it takes for updated, everyone keeps saying they learned their lesson and it will be different this time around but until I see it I will just root and ROM until it happens or I get a new another phone :)

That's what was said about the Galaxy S line of phones but we see how long it took the US versions like the Fascinate to get Froyo.

That said, I bought the Thunderbolt for the development community and it's one of the most solid around. That just isn't there with the Charge and co.

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
It's the LTE technology that causes most issues. You have the same thing in other LTE phones. Still, at this point in the LTE game, I would not want another phone. I'd rather hang in and let things get fixed. The TBolt is further along this road than other LTE phones.

-Frank

worwig

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
I am here because I ran from a Samsung screaming. I hope the Charge is a MUCh MUCH better device and MUCH MUCH better TouchWiz version then the Fascinate has.

0pusX

May 27, 2010
Visit site
I also git rid of my bolt today.....but I am going back to a Moto. Trying to decide between the Droid 3 and Droid X2. I'm not in a 4G area so I can give them time to work the battery issues out with these 4G devices.

bliedel

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I wouldn't trade the TB for any of the Verizon phones currently on the market. A Bionic when it comes out, I might be down for, but outside of that the TB is the best phone available atm even with the downsides.

Good luck, and see you in a few weeks when you come back. ;)

AndroidGod

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site
It's the LTE technology that causes most issues. You have the same thing in other LTE phones. Still, at this point in the LTE game, I would not want another phone. I'd rather hang in and let things get fixed. The TBolt is further along this road than other LTE phones.

-Frank
He's right. Once these signal bugs get fixed, it will literally be the fastest phone in America, and rooting with CM7 helps battery life and speed a lot, so good luck with the other guys and their hardware that will never win the race, rooted or stock.

NINFanInTN

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I was frustrated with my TB until Sunday - I pulled the trigger and rooted.

BEST DECISION EVER for this phone. I went to DAS BAMF Sense 3.0 RC4.9. I did the auto root first, then put BAMF on.

If you can reformat a pc and put windows back on it, you can root a phone. Super simple, and you really can't mess it up. The phone works great now.

I haven't seen any real battery improvements, but that's just the nature of having a small computer on your hip.

The 4G speed when I visited Rochester at the beginning of the month just screams. Going back next week....

I don't think I'd want any other phone right now...

Kronko

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Sorry to hear that. Please keep us posted with any new problems you have with your new phone.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SandiR