front facing camera problems

bfarr9311

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Ever since the MR2 update i have not been able to use my front facing camera. Every time i try to use it to remind myself that the thunderbolt may someday get skype it will act as though it has indeed switched and then continue to use the main camera. I tried clearing the camera apps data and even went into recovery to clear the phones cache and have had no luck. Anyone else experiencing this or know a fix? I'd prefer to not get a new phone since i almost have that stupid coating on the kickstand almost completely off.

yodatom10

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Ever since the MR2 update i have not been able to use my front facing camera. Every time i try to use it to remind myself that the thunderbolt may someday get skype it will act as though it has indeed switched and then continue to use the main camera. I tried clearing the camera apps data and even went into recovery to clear the phones cache and have had no luck. Anyone else experiencing this or know a fix? I'd prefer to not get a new phone since i almost have that stupid coating on the kickstand almost completely off.

Mine has worked fine. If u just want to Get it working a factory reset u should fix it.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

sscinokc

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Ever since the MR2 update i have not been able to use my front facing camera. Every time i try to use it to remind myself that the thunderbolt may someday get skype it will act as though it has indeed switched and then continue to use the main camera. I tried clearing the camera apps data and even went into recovery to clear the phones cache and have had no luck. Anyone else experiencing this or know a fix?

I'm in the same boat as you. It either started with MR2, or GB 3 with 4.9RC. It's frustrating, and I posed the same question elsewhere and did not get any responses that fixed the problem either. Some said I should revert to a different kernal or rom...I'm just waiting it out till the next update...or I might lise patience and go back to an earlier version.

Oh...you didn't mention if you were rooted or not. I'm rooted, which may make a difference from your problem.

micwag2

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site

Mine did something similar. Start the camera then click menu scroll down to the bottom and click reset to default. The camera should start working normally then. Go through and reset your preferences.

graphickellie

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I am not rooted and my front camera stopped working. As soon as I open it and go to the front camera the screen goes blank and nothing happens. THEN I can't switch back to the main camera I have to restart my phone! SO annoying. I haven't really paid MUCH attention to it bc it takes such crappy pics but it still should work! I tried to do the thing that Migwag2 suggested and it didn't work :'(

Bierich

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
My front camera works but I've noticed that all the images taken with it are reversed. Anything print wise shows up backwards.

bjboucher

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
My front camera works but I've noticed that all the images taken with it are reversed. Anything print wise shows up backwards.

Its supposed to do that. You can turn that off but thats how webcams work. If you don't want it to do that, when you are in the front camera mode, push menu and scroll down to the "Mirror" option and turn it off.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21