Software update, no getting any message?

Kronko

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
I used to see a message when checking for update but this morning, after checking a few times, nada.
I was expecting too see 'no updates available or unable to connect' but I am not getting anything now.
Are you?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I used to see a message when checking for update but this morning, after checking a few times, nada.
I was expecting too see 'no updates available or unable to connect' but I am not getting anything now.
Are you?

If it was working before, I'd guess it will start working again. Prolly a Battery&Sim pull would hasten the recovery. It's the folks where it has never worked that I worry about.

I have noticed that happening intermittently with MR1. However, I've noticed that MR2 seems to have included a new OTA update engine. Since updating to MR2 I have never once received anything except "no update available". That's good. Also, now, when I check for updates I see the notification bar start off with "OTA Device Management" before it actually does the check. With MR1 it didn't used to do that.

-Frank

allaboutnewphone

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
I am also getting the same problem. I would check software update and usually I would get a server unavailable or no new update, but for a month now It will look like it's checking and then within 3 sec to 1 minute it will just disappear without telling me anything. I called Verizon and the tech told me that it is because the new update is beige push out and to give it another day or so????? it's been a week since I called them and still no manual update or update???? I'm getting really annoyed. am I the only one who hasn't have the new update yet????

yodatom10

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I am also getting the same problem. I would check software update and usually I would get a server unavailable or no new update, but for a month now It will look like it's checking and then within 3 sec to 1 minute it will just disappear without telling me anything. I called Verizon and the tech told me that it is because the new update is beige push out and to give it another day or so????? it's been a week since I called them and still no manual update or update???? I'm getting really annoyed. am I the only one who hasn't have the new update yet????

I don't think you are alone and the manual update is avaible if u want it

droid77

May 27, 2011
Visit site

+1. I also have not got the new update (MR2) yet.

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Somewhere here in the TBolt forum I read someone's account of a conversation with HTC tech support on this matter. He said they told him that HTC is aware of this issue and is working on pushing an update that can "catch" these hard to update phones. Hopefully that is true.

If you search, you will find it. I'm not in the mood right now, I'm playing with my new Netflix. :)

-Frank

sabato

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
I'm still getting the disappearing "Checking for new software available now".....it checks for about two seconds and disappears.....is there a fix for this? I'm still on MR1.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2