Ok, I tried searching threw this site to find if someone has had this same issue and came up with nothing. When I plug my TB into my computer it doesn't recognize it (I found a thread on this portion), BUT I have the "always ask me what I want to use the phone as" option checked and nothing is coming up. Even the USB logo in the notification bar isn't showing up. All it's doing is charging and nothing else. Anyone else having this issue?
    07-21-2011 03:37 PM
    Did you try simply selecting something specific from the "Set Default Type" menu? Say... "Disk Drive"? What happens then? If that doesn't work it's likely an issue with the PC. Make sure the PC is also set to auto-detect/auto-open/ask (or similar).

Edit: Also, try another USB port on your PC.

-Frank
    dannyb884 likes this.
    07-21-2011 03:41 PM
    And you have an SD card in your Phone???
    07-21-2011 03:42 PM
    Did you try simply selecting something specific from the "Set Default Type" menu? Say... "Disk Drive"? What happens then? If that doesn't work it's likely an issue with the PC. Make sure the PC is also set to auto-detect/auto-open/ask (or similar).

Edit: Also, try another USB port on your PC.

-Frank
    I tried to select a different action in the Set Default Type and nothing happened. I did just try a battery pull and that seemed to fix the phone side of it, now I'll have to check my computer to make sure it's set to auto-detect. And I have tried all of the USB ports.
    07-21-2011 03:50 PM
    I tried to select a different action in the Set Default Type and nothing happened. I did just try a battery pull and that seemed to fix the phone side of it, now I'll have to check my computer to make sure it's set to auto-detect. And I have tried all of the USB ports.
    Occasionally AV software might interfere also (autorun, etc). So, turn off AV if necessary, to test.

-Frank
    07-21-2011 03:54 PM
    Is the verizon/ HTC stuff popping up?
    07-21-2011 05:47 PM
    Occasionally AV software might interfere also (autorun, etc). So, turn off AV if necessary, to test.

-Frank
    I know nor ten blocked mine and I had to add it to the safe list to get it to work.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk
    07-21-2011 06:18 PM
    did you get htc sync i had to do that 1st
    07-21-2011 06:39 PM
    did you get htc sync i had to do that 1st
    I never had to on my eris or my bolt, on XP or Vista or Seven.
    All Ive ever had to do is set the phone to android debuggin bridge/or mount as hard drive
    07-21-2011 08:13 PM
    Is the verizon/ HTC stuff popping up?
    No, nothing is showing up and I do have HTC Sync installed on my computer as well.I'm beginning to think its the HTC usb cord since it's starting to fall apart at the connector (already and I'm not rough on it at all).
    07-22-2011 07:05 AM
    Have you tried another computer? Yes, try another cord too.
    07-22-2011 10:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD