Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Help!

Ok, I tried searching threw this site to find if someone has had this same issue and came up with nothing. When I plug my TB into my computer it doesn't recognize it (I found a thread on this portion), BUT I have the "always ask me what I want to use the phone as" option checked and nothing is coming up. Even the USB logo in the notification bar isn't showing up. All it's doing is charging and nothing else. Anyone else having this issue?

Global Posts
    3,645 Global Posts
    ROM
    Latest OTA Official ROM

Default Re: Help!

Did you try simply selecting something specific from the "Set Default Type" menu? Say... "Disk Drive"? What happens then? If that doesn't work it's likely an issue with the PC. Make sure the PC is also set to auto-detect/auto-open/ask (or similar).

Edit: Also, try another USB port on your PC.

-Frank
    [HTC Thunderbolt™ 4G/LTE!]
    It's not your dream phone. It's the one after that!©
    Look here for a [VZW Coverage Map] to check your area. Select 4G before hitting [Refresh]
    Thanked by:

And you have an SD card in your Phone???
    Current: Moto X (2014) Pure Edition, Pebble Steel, Chromecast
    Retired Device (in order): HTC One (M8), Samsung Galaxy S4, Droid Razr Maxx, HTC Thunderbolt, HTC myTouch 4G, Blackberry's Bold, 8900 (Curve)

Jerry: "Love, Peace, and Chicken Grease!!!"
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by FrankXS View Post
    Did you try simply selecting something specific from the "Set Default Type" menu? Say... "Disk Drive"? What happens then? If that doesn't work it's likely an issue with the PC. Make sure the PC is also set to auto-detect/auto-open/ask (or similar).

Edit: Also, try another USB port on your PC.

-Frank
    I tried to select a different action in the Set Default Type and nothing happened. I did just try a battery pull and that seemed to fix the phone side of it, now I'll have to check my computer to make sure it's set to auto-detect. And I have tried all of the USB ports.

Global Posts
    3,645 Global Posts
    ROM
    Latest OTA Official ROM

Quote Originally Posted by dannyb884 View Post
    I tried to select a different action in the Set Default Type and nothing happened. I did just try a battery pull and that seemed to fix the phone side of it, now I'll have to check my computer to make sure it's set to auto-detect. And I have tried all of the USB ports.
    Occasionally AV software might interfere also (autorun, etc). So, turn off AV if necessary, to test.

-Frank
    [HTC Thunderbolt™ 4G/LTE!]
    It's not your dream phone. It's the one after that!©
    Look here for a [VZW Coverage Map] to check your area. Select 4G before hitting [Refresh]
    Smarty Pants

ROM
    Stock

Is the verizon/ HTC stuff popping up?
    Im T rop per and I approve this message
    Thanks for watching = T

Global Posts
    2,047 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by FrankXS View Post
    Occasionally AV software might interfere also (autorun, etc). So, turn off AV if necessary, to test.

-Frank
    I know nor ten blocked mine and I had to add it to the safe list to get it to work.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk
    I'm a android know it all with too much time on my hands
    If I've helped you make sure to hit that thanks button

did you get htc sync i had to do that 1st
    Smarty Pants

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by iron mongoose View Post
    did you get htc sync i had to do that 1st
    I never had to on my eris or my bolt, on XP or Vista or Seven.
    All Ive ever had to do is set the phone to android debuggin bridge/or mount as hard drive
    Im T rop per and I approve this message
    Thanks for watching = T
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Quote Originally Posted by tropper View Post
    Is the verizon/ HTC stuff popping up?
    No, nothing is showing up and I do have HTC Sync installed on my computer as well.I'm beginning to think its the HTC usb cord since it's starting to fall apart at the connector (already and I'm not rough on it at all).

Global Posts
    1,035 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7 RC1.2

Have you tried another computer? Yes, try another cord too.
    -SoDev