Data Connection Problems At Work

ToddL

May 7, 2011
Visit site
I can't seem to get a consistent data connection at work. I think we have cellular repeaters, as I get full bars, but no (or spotty) data.

The strange thing is it's only at work, connection outside the building is fine. But when I had a BB S1/S2 with the same carrier (VZW), I didn't have this problem. It seems like it's a combination of the repeater and my TB that don't work together very well.

Anyone else have this problem?

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
I have the exact same problem. I always have full signal strength bars at work, but the phone seems to struggle to hold on to 3G. Even when it does, the speeds are more like 1x. Once I go outside the building or away from work, the phone works fine. It's definitely the repeaters since this started happening right after we got them. They may have them configured in some way that optimizes signal strength for company provided phones. Whatever it is, my TB doesn't seem to play nice with it.

ToddL

May 7, 2011
Visit site
I have the exact same problem. I always have full signal strength bars at work, but the phone seems to struggle to hold on to 3G. Even when it does, the speeds are more like 1x. Once I go outside the building or away from work, the phone works fine. It's definitely the repeaters since this started happening right after we got them. They may have them configured in some way that optimizes signal strength for company provided phones. Whatever it is, my TB doesn't seem to play nice with it.
Yep, that's exactly what I got happening. I'm hoping our company upgrades their repeaters (currently not 4g compatible), or that the GB update brings a radio that works better with the current repeaters.