Motorola RAZR gets Gingerbread

Mike_is_Mike

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Hell freezing over is too much of an understatement when predicting the arrival of Gingerbread for the Thunderbolt.

I am going on record today saying that I believe the RAZR will get Gingerbread before the TB (the fact that the little Moto isn't an Android phone makes no never mind)

So get your RAZR's out of your dresser drawers (I know you still have it somewhere) - charge it up and get ready to live the GB dream.

Reactions: HiPower

cwoosy1980

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
Calm down my friend, good things come to those who wait! I'm sure HTC and Verizon has gotten tons of calls from thunderbolt users and there are tired of them calling so we have to be next on the list! I rather have a solid build of gingerbread than one that needs a update after we get it! Most people who have stock ginger tell me it eats your battery...... So for thunderbolt users that's not something to look forward too when our battery is already getting tap dance on now everytime we use our 4g!

NotAnotherSN92

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
HTC has gone through many builds of Gingerbread and the fact that it's not out yet should tell you something. I'd rather have a stable build of GB than a rushed version just for the sake of having it. Just wait it out, it will be out when it's READY.

worwig

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
Coworker got GB on his DroidX. He was all happy about it, for about a day. He is having all kinds of issues with it and now hates it. Wishes he could easily go back.

bvitale

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Do I want it. Yes. Do I need it. No. Like all others I would have to say I would much rather have a stable build. A friend got the GB update for his Evo 4G and his battery life improved like crazy. I hope they can do that for us. But I am not holding my breath.

tropper

Smarty Pants
Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Hell freezing over is too much of an understatement when predicting the arrival of Gingerbread for the Thunderbolt.

I am going on record today saying that I believe the RAZR will get Gingerbread before the TB (the fact that the little Moto isn't an Android phone makes no never mind)

So get your RAZR's out of your dresser drawers (I know you still have it somewhere) - charge it up and get ready to live the GB dream.

lol your crazy .... no really:p

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
::::digging around in drawer::::

Yup, found it! Old RAZR..... :p Seriously, I still have one, an old crappy V3a from the Alltel days. Always wanted one when they were the bomb, but was stuck on Sprint (Nextel at the time) and couldn't afford switching (or the cost of the phone). Wow, what a difference just looking at it compared to the Thunderbolt! Funny how things go, cell phones started out like a big brick (tethered to power in your vehicle), then the clam shell, now the candy bar..... got a bit of a sweet tooth these days! Ugh, I forgot how much I grew tired of the clam shell (opening/closing). Back in the drawer it goes.... ah, how cool the Thunderbolt looks and feels in hand now (GB or not)! :cool:

ulmerj79

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
The roms available on Froyo are greater than any Gingerbread Verizon will send you because it'll still be loaded down with crapware. Get tired of it? Try another one. I couldn't care less about GB until it's stable enough on the other side.

tropper

Smarty Pants
Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
No kidding I remeber on my eris when I had cupcake 1.5 an wanted 2.1 so bad. lol it really didnt do much for the phone really just gave me google navs an some differnt apps

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I sold my RAZR years ago when I got a Blackberry. I made a big mistake now that you found this out. Crap!

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt using Tapatalk.

SpaceHippie

Journeyman
Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
Hopefully the LG Chocolate gets it, because what's better than Gingerbread on Chocolate.

homer_simpson31.jpg