Hotspot for gaming

noordzy77

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Have any of you used your TB for Console gaming(X-box Live, PS3)? I tested it last night, seemed pretty stable, but wanted to know if anyone had done tried it over a long term period and run into any issues. Want to cancel my home internet if its stable, so just covering my bases.

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Have any of you used your TB for Console gaming(X-box Live, PS3)? I tested it last night, seemed pretty stable, but wanted to know if anyone had done tried it over a long term period and run into any issues. Want to cancel my home internet if its stable, so just covering my bases.

Really don't think anyone can guarantee you a good outcome because there is to many things to effect the outcome, network, phone setup, area, daily network load.

I just don't think a mobile device is a reliable method verse a home hardwired connection but this is just a opinion.

Dst1134

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
I've been using it for xbox live for a month our so. Only 3g. I don't get 4g where I'm at. Its fairly stable. Occasional lag. But its not a concrete replacement for a landline. Try it out before you cancel so you can compare speed, connection and reliability.

johndabeast

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Used it on 4G in Columbus Ohio, worked better than the internet in my friends house for Xbox 360. I would give it the okay for gaming, but don't run over the data limits. Otherwise have fun and good luck.

BostonBeats88

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I did the same with XBL and it works fine (with full bars). Occasional lag and connecting to servers might take a few seconds longer but it really saved me when my comcast internet was down for 2 weeks.

doctorg23

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
If you are using the internet for casual home use, do you think it would be easy to go over the data limit on hotspot plans? I pay about $50 for home pine and internet, but it would be nice to get rid of that use the hotspot so I can have internet everywhere I go.

Also, is hotspot a contract thing? For example can you activate it for a month or two then cancel?

Effenhimer

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
If you are using the internet for casual home use, do you think it would be easy to go over the data limit on hotspot plans? I pay about $50 for home pine and internet, but it would be nice to get rid of that use the hotspot so I can have internet everywhere I go.

Also, is hotspot a contract thing? For example can you activate it for a month or two then cancel?

Yes, hotspot can be turned on and off, they even pro-rate it if you don't use it for a full month. But my son, just on youtube and things, uses 6+ gigs. The cap for hotspot is 5 gigs I think, (don't quote me on that) so yes, VERY easy to go over if you play a lot. :-$

AndroidGod

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site
I use CyanogenMod's built in hotspot feature so I might be getting different results, but so far using 4g for my xbox360 and some pc gaming is great. I have yet too see any lag on both. :)