couple of questions

Just a Guy

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
I just picked up my thunderbolt and have a couple of questions. 1st one is How do you update your roaming? I've tried the *228 like I've used on all my other Android phones, but it won't do anything. 2nd I'm having issues getting my tb and computer to recognize each other. Do you need to download a special driver like you do with Samsung phones or should they sync up normally like with Motorola phones?

So far I'm really liking this phone. It's my 4th Android phone, but 1st HTC. One thing I know for sure is that I'm done with Samsung. Since December I've had the fascinate and continuum. I was content at best with the fascinate, but ended up getting stuck with a continuum through an insurance claim about 5 weeks ago and it was horrible! Anyways enough of my ranting. I appreciate the help with my above questions.

yodatom10

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I just picked up my thunderbolt and have a couple of questions. 1st one is How do you update your roaming? I've tried the *228 like I've used on all my other Android phones, but it won't do anything. 2nd I'm having issues getting my tb and computer to recognize each other. Do you need to download a special driver like you do with Samsung phones or should they sync up normally like with Motorola phones?

So far I'm really liking this phone. It's my 4th Android phone, but 1st HTC. One thing I know for sure is that I'm done with Samsung. Since December I've had the fascinate and continuum. I was content at best with the fascinate, but ended up getting stuck with a continuum through an insurance claim about 5 weeks ago and it was horrible! Anyways enough of my ranting. I appreciate the help with my above questions.

I dont think u need to worry about updating your roaming. And yes u need to install HTC sync from HTC.com. also make sure u have the last ota or u will start rebooting any second now

sent though the force via my Thunderbolt

Reactions: Just a Guy

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Welcome. LTE phones cannot use 228. The PRL is updated by simply restarting.

Check out Menu / Settings / Connect to PC. For Charge only and Disk drive, I don't think you need to do anything special. For Sync you'll need to load the HTC CD.

-Frank

Just a Guy

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for the info! I'm not yet getting to enjoy LTE though as I've been told It'll be in my area in January at the earliest, but I travel to several places for work that already have LTE and can't wait for my 1st trip to one of those locations (should be a week from Monday!)

I do have to pass along one of the best examples I've heard in relationship to the battery life on the Thunderbolt. When I was at the store earlier and told the salesperson that I wanted a thunderbolt he brought up the battery life and said "I can best compare it to buying a ferrari as in you don't buy one and expect to get great gas mileage." I couldn't help but laugh at that one!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463