Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    125 Global Posts

Default Google search not working

Suddenly I can no longer search on Google. If I put in a web address it will open that web page but if I try to search for a topic it will not search. If I clear my cache when trying to search for a topic it will return information one time only. Then if I choose a page to open it will not take me there. I have cleared the cache, done a battery pull & put all settings or google back t the default settings. What else should I try.

Global Posts
    2,050 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Try a different browser and see if it works

sent though the force via my Thunderbolt
    I'm a android know it all with too much time on my hands
    If I've helped you make sure to hit that thanks button
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    125 Global Posts

Default Re: Google search not working

Opera Mini works great.

Global Posts
    3,645 Global Posts
    ROM
    Latest OTA Official ROM

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    Suddenly I can no longer search on Google. If I put in a web address it will open that web page but if I try to search for a topic it will not search. If I clear my cache when trying to search for a topic it will return information one time only. Then if I choose a page to open it will not take me there. I have cleared the cache, done a battery pull & put all settings or google back t the default settings. What else should I try.
    Root yes/no? OS? Web browser stock?

Did you try the Menu | Settings | Applications (or similar) method of cleaning the browser history/cache?

-Frank
    [HTC Thunderbolt 4G/LTE!]
    It's not your dream phone. It's the one after that!
    Look here for a [VZW Coverage Map] to check your area. Select 4G before hitting [Refresh]
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    125 Global Posts

I cleared the cache, deleted history & reset defaults. Then when none of that worked did a battery pull. I an not rooted & have the most recent software update
    I am a basic user not well versed enough to customize like I read others do on the forum.
    I cleared the cache, deleted history & reset defaults. Then when none of that worked did a battery pull. I an not rooted & have the most recent software update
    I am a basic user not well versed enough to customize like I read others do on the forum.

Global Posts
    3,645 Global Posts
    ROM
    Latest OTA Official ROM

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    Try this...

Menu | Settings | Manage Applications | All Apps Tab | scroll down to Search Anywhere | select Clear Data | Select Force Stop.

Menu | Settings | Manage Applications | All Apps Tab | scroll down to Google Search | Clear Data | Force Stop.

Menu | Settings | Manage Applications | All Apps Tab | scroll down to Internet | Clear Data | Force Stop

Use Return arrow to back out to your home screen, then Restart. Try again. I've included about everything I can think of that may contribute to this issue. Also, I'm counting on the fact that you have not specifically logged onto Google and "set your search defaults".

-Frank
    [HTC Thunderbolt 4G/LTE!]
    It's not your dream phone. It's the one after that!
    Look here for a [VZW Coverage Map] to check your area. Select 4G before hitting [Refresh]