1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Disable Matched Contact Suggestions?

Since jumping on the Google+ bandwagon, I am constantly receiving the notification for "matched contact suggestions", and I would really like to disable it. I am thinking it has to do with new people I follow (or that I am being followed by) on G+. Is there any way to disable that functionality completely?
    Droid RAZR MAXX HD ( Current ROM = Stock )
    http://www.pmkelly.com/

Global Posts
    2,043 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Re: Disable Matched Contact Suggestions?

I don't think so I'm also in the same boat.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Confirmed by email exchange with HTC support... there is no way to turn it off. Frustrating for those of us with very active Google+ accounts.

-----

Thank you for your email regarding the "Matched contact suggestions" notification on your HTC Thunderbolt device from Verizon Wireless.

Patrick, when your phone finds contact information that can be merged, i.e., if you have the same accounts on the phone, Google, and a social network, you will see the Matched contact suggestions icon in the notification area of the status bar. Slide down the Notifications panel, and then tap "Matched contacts suggestion" to display all suggested contacts that you can merge.

You can review the suggested links and merge the ones you want to merge, or tap "Dismiss all" if you do not want to merge any contacts.

This feature is built into your device's software. Currently I have no information on removal of the feature. We apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced.
    Droid RAZR MAXX HD ( Current ROM = Stock )
    http://www.pmkelly.com/

Hi Patrick

Agreed it's an irritating and mostly unhelpful app. What I think you can do is go into Accounts & Sync, then click into each of the individual items listed, and Disable "Contact Sync". That should help.

best wishes
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick M. Kelly View Post
    Confirmed by email exchange with HTC support... there is no way to turn it off. Frustrating for those of us with very active Google+ accounts.

-----

Thank you for your email regarding the "Matched contact suggestions" notification on your HTC Thunderbolt device from Verizon Wireless.

Patrick, when your phone finds contact information that can be merged, i.e., if you have the same accounts on the phone, Google, and a social network, you will see the Matched contact suggestions icon in the notification area of the status bar. Slide down the Notifications panel, and then tap "Matched contacts suggestion" to display all suggested contacts that you can merge.

You can review the suggested links and merge the ones you want to merge, or tap "Dismiss all" if you do not want to merge any contacts.

This feature is built into your device's software. Currently I have no information on removal of the feature. We apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced.

I am not sure if this will work, but in the 'View Contacts' area I deselected all options except:
    • Only with phone number
    • Phone

Once this happened the Notification cleared by itself so perhaps this is the fix?

I am having a strange problem suggested matched contacts that have no relationship to the two addresses
    tom

The "View Contacts" menu just changes what shows up in your phone list. You have to go into "Accounts and Sync" (from the Settings menu) and disable sync for each of linked in, gmail, facebook, etc.