Compared to BB

Sting23ray

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I just switched over to Android from Blackberry. I must say, Android uses a crap load more data then Blackberry. On my highest month on BB I went up to 427 MBs. On Thunderbolt, I am only 6 days in and Ive gobbled up 700 MBs!

I'm glad I switched right before the tiered plans went into effect!

How are people on the 2GB plans gonna survive 30 days without going over?

Whats you monthly usage like?

Last edited by a moderator:

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Over 10 gigs last month. Used to run about 1 gig per month on my Storm 2. While I use my Tbolt more, the data compression on the BB is definitely a factor.

I still have a Tour that I use just for BES email and I use about 50 megs per month on that device.

Sent using Tapatalk

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
WiFi , a lot of WiFi.

Same here.. I have wifi at home and work and that just leaves weekends and nights and now with most restaurants having free wifi it seems fairly easy for me. There are some months I use more just depends on what I'm doing.

BattleSwine

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Same here.. I have wifi at home and work and that just leaves weekends and nights and now with most restaurants having free wifi it seems fairly easy for me. There are some months I use more just depends on what I'm doing.

Same. Last month was 1.5GB. I used a lot of Wi-Fi. No regrets over leaving BB behind.

realitydigg

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
One thing bberry does well is compress everything that is sent to your phone. They can do that because they manage all data communication through their servers. With android mail, web everything is talking directly to your phone, so the same site is sending more (uncompressed) data. iPhone is the same (uses more data)

Jo5329

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
We just renewed our contracts with VZW and moved from BB's to a TB & Casio Commando - and we were still grandfathered from our old, unlimited plan.

And now we have WiFi ability and that's what we use when we're home.

Also, I've learned by reading to shut off updates on programs I don't use regular and monitor what is running in the background carefully.

So its time, bandwidth management.
:D

EeyoreDNL

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I also switched from BB. TB is a very different animal. It's an entertainmemt tool. I used WiFi until our local 4G came on line. Now I play internet radio all day long. Thank goodness for the unlimited data plan.

Sent from a BAMFed TBolt