Screen won't shut off

skuzy4545

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I don't think it is any of the apps doing this. Since my manual update of GB my phone screen won't go to black unless I push the button on the top. Does it on the charger and off. Obviously a bug since the update. Not as bad as the random reboots, freezing, bleeding, and overheating issues but still another bug. Based on this thread it appears others are experiencing the same. Any suggestions before I call Tmobile's tech line? Hate dealing with them. Don't want to do a factory reset on my phone. This sucks. I had hoped the update would fix most issues. Instead it's just given us some new ones to deal with.:'(

bjboucher

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
I don't think it is any of the apps doing this. Since my manual update of GB my phone screen won't go to black unless I push the button on the top. Does it on the charger and off. Obviously a bug since the update. Not as bad as the random reboots, freezing, bleeding, and overheating issues but still another bug. Based on this thread it appears others are experiencing the same. Any suggestions before I call Tmobile's tech line? Hate dealing with them. Don't want to do a factory reset on my phone. This sucks. I had hoped the update would fix most issues. Instead it's just given us some new ones to deal with.:'(

T-mobile and Gingerbread? You sure you are in the right forum?

bjboucher

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Well finally did the reset and all is cleared up. The only thing I can think of is that one of the apps corrupted a file during installation. Most of the time I do an update all when I have updates in the market. Maybe doing several at once created an installation problem. Not sure.

I have not reinstalled Pandora yet. This is one of the apps I removed, problem cleared, installed, problem came back and uninstalled again and problem stayed. Needless to say I don't know if this was the problem app. Settings Profile Lite is back installed and running OK. Hopefully it was just a glitch and won't come back.

With the screen stuck on I would have had 2 or 3 hours battery life. Boy would that have pi$$ed me off.

I use Pandora pretty regularly and have had no issues. Hopefully you have just had some weird glitch and all is good now.

Gav508

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Well I am really getting no where with this mess. After doing everything from removing apps, and factory resets, the problem kept coming back. Finally went through Verizon tech support who said my phone must be bad and over nighted me another Tbolt. I was hesitant but figured I could not live with the stuck screen so I did it.

Changed everything over to the new phone and everything was fine for a while, now same problem. Every time wifi is on screen will dim but not shut off. Now my original phone was not updated, so I figured I would update software on this new phone. Did the firmware upgrade and woo-la. STILL SAME PROBLEM.

I am convinced now more than ever that it has to be a app problem, but cannot find which one.

Is ANYONE else experiencing this issue recently? It has to be happening to someone. It started about 4 days ago, and the only I know that was changed was a group of upgraded apps. I just don't know which one triggers it, because when reinstalled, the trouble does not happen right of way.

HELP!!!!!!!!!

Gav508

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
The apps I am looking at mostly is
Weatherbug Elite
Google Voice
I-Smart Viewer
and Setting Profiles Lite.

gully712

May 3, 2011
Visit site
My phone is doing the same thing. I have removed all 3rd party applications and it continuing to do dim but not shut off. I am noticing that it sometimes does shut off. After reading this string I have noticed that it only does it when it is connected to the WiFi. When I am at work or in the car it works fine, but when I am at home and on the WiFi it will not timeout.

Gav508

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
O
My phone is doing the same thing. I have removed all 3rd party applications and it continuing to do dim but not shut off. I am noticing that it sometimes does shut off. After reading this string I have noticed that it only does it when it is connected to the WiFi. When I am at work or in the car it works fine, but when I am at home and on the WiFi it will not timeout.

Yep that's the only time mine sticks on is when WiFi is on. It is a pain in the butt. I still have original software no update.

anon(255332)

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Same problem. A reboot solves the problem for a while.

However, problem persists when wifi is both on and off.

I'm running bamf forever. Have Pandora installed, but haven't run it.

-Tm

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
Well I figured mine out its when I have it set on auto dimming or whatever set screen to manual brightness and it turned off right away with no problems, I think the sensor is messed up or not working right anyways who knows but just turn off auto light sensing and it should work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Artistnos