Phone contacts to Google Contacts

Gav508

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I have always thought that when you put a contact in the phone it always went to your Google contacts and backs up online. After seeing numerous contacts missing on my online Google contact list, I found that my phone is saving the new contacts to the phone contact list.

So now I have 2 questions I hope someone can help me with. First is there a way to have the phone only save new or changed entries to only my Google list? And is there an easy way to export the 34 entries in my phone list over to my Google contact list, without re entering them all.
Thanks for any help.

Jux

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Is your Google account set to auto sync?

Go to Settings --> Accounts & Sync Settings and then select the Google account ... is sync on? If you select it to view more info, is "Sync Contacts" checked? And when was the last time of the sync?

A sync should update your Google contacts list to mirror the one on your phone, including new or changed.

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
The "Phone" category is the default save and cannot be changed.

You should be able to "export" your current "phone" contacts to the SD Card and then "import" them back into your Google account on your phone. Then they will sync.

To avoid this issue in the future, every time you add a contact, check the very very top field and you will see it says "phone" and has a pull-down. Pull down the menu and select your Google account before you save. Then they will sync with Google.

-Frank

Gav508

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
The "Phone" category is the default save and cannot be changed.

You should be able to "export" your current "phone" contacts to the SD Card and then "import" them back into your Google account on your phone. Then they will sync.

To avoid this issue in the future, every time you add a contact, check the very very top field and you will see it says "phone" and has a pull-down. Pull down the menu and select your Google account before you save. Then they will sync with Google.

-Frank
Jux, yes my accounts are syncing, and set up is as you say.

FrankXS, I tried to export and import, however it only causes duplicate entries in the phone contacts. I do now see the save to area you are talking about. Thanks you. I must have always picked phone. Guess I just have to manually enter these contacts over and make sure to save correctly.

Thanks to you both.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar