Is there a way to block global data?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I was thinking of bringing my Thunderbolt abroad, but I don't want to have to pay over $20, 000 per gb of data, is there a way to hard block global data? I know that I can disable mobile data on the phone, but I would rather do it on the carriers side because I don't want to accidentally turn on data.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Any smartphone requires a 30 dollar minimum data package. No way around it.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

I want to block global data, as in any data not included in the $30 data charge, usually data globally in other countries.

Airplane mode. I took mine to Mexico. Otherwise:
Settings--> Wireless and Networks--> Mobile Networks settings--> Uncheck data Roaming

yes, i know this, but i want to shut off global data as in a block from Verizon, similar to the other blocks that Verizon offers, but I did not see an option to block global data on their website.

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
I want to block global data, as in any data not included in the $30 data charge, usually data globally in other countries.

yes, i know this, but i want to shut off global data as in a block from Verizon, similar to the other blocks that Verizon offers, but I did not see an option to block global data on their website.

Because you can do it from the device. Blocking data roaming blocks global data. If you're going to Europe... it won't work anyway.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance