Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default How to update a saved password in Dolphin HD

Sorry in advanced if this has already been answered someplace, I wasnt sucessful in locating a similar thread. How do you update a password after one has already been saved? Each time I go back to a particular site that I have a pw saved, it keeps showing the older log in credentials. Searched the Dolphin browser options, but can only find the option to turn pw saving on and not a list that shows all the log-ins like on Chrome. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Default Re: How to update a saved password in Dolphin HD

Found this on the Dolphin Blog (http://blog.dolphin-browser.com/2011...k-march-1-2011)

"Is there any way to change the information for an entry saved in the Password Manager Add-on for Dolphin HD on Android 2.2? I recently updated my passwords, but can’t find how to change or delete what’s saved.

A: Password Manager is for you to easily and quickly access your multiple accounts without inputting your user names and passwords manually. There are two versions: lite version and full version. The lite version is free but could only support 3 passwords. The full is paid with unlimited passwords. If one wants to edit or delete his password, he could choose password manager in his add-ons firstly. Then holding on the account that he wishes to change password, the “ Edit profile” option will appear in the context menu."

Keep in mind though that saving passwords isn't a good security practice as it could either allow others with physical access to your phone to login to your accounts (unless you set some type of lock function on the phone itself, ex. PIN or password) or if your phone gets compromised by some rogue app that can steal your credentials. It's a convenience versus security issue. Frankly, I'd go with security!

Question
    What if you didn't use password manager but were using the built in remember password in Dolphin,
    How would you be able to edit it?
    Thanks,
    Bryan
    abomb78 likes this.

Default Re: How to update a saved password in Dolphin HD

Looks like the only way is to clear ALL saved passwords (just like stock browser). While in browser, go to Menu, Settings, Clear passwords.