Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    3,645 Global Posts
    ROM
    Latest OTA Official ROM

Default Amazon Appstore updated itself today

Just FYI... My Appstore auto-updated itself today at about 7pm MDT. To version 1.15.

-Frank

Sent from my HTC ThunderBolt 4G/LTE using Tapatalk
    [HTC Thunderbolt™ 4G/LTE!]
    It's not your dream phone. It's the one after that!©
    Look here for a [VZW Coverage Map] to check your area. Select 4G before hitting [Refresh]

Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    ROM
    STOCK MR4

Me too

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Default Re: Amazon Appstore updated itself today

Thanks for the heads up!

Interesting... sounds like they put some thought into how they programmed their app... check for updates, download updates, install and give the user new updated app without them having to do anything... I like it.

Maybe others don't think so, but it's better than having people left behind and have a broken app after they make some major change to their app, or something else.
    Current: Moto X (2014) Pure Edition, ASUS ZenWatch, Pebble Steel, Chromecast
    Retired Device (in order): HTC One (M8), Samsung Galaxy S4, Droid Razr Maxx, HTC Thunderbolt, HTC myTouch 4G, Blackberry's Bold, 8900 (Curve)

Jerry: "Love, Peace, and Chicken Grease!!!"

Global Posts
    137 Global Posts

I'm in the other camp. Don't update anything on my phone unless you tell me about it and then give me the option to opt out. I also got the update and wasn't very happy about it.

ROM
    Bamf 3.0 rc3

I updated that app also and I'm pretty sure there was the option to cancel.

your point.... nothing special.

I noticed it wanted to be updated, so I did....3 hours later it was back in my notification bar wanting to be updated again...I was unhappy about it but i let it update the second time. I woke up this morning and it was once again telling me it needed to be updated, now it may be time to flame amazon.